No customization options are available.

Lever protectors wanted -any ideas?

Discussion in 'General R1200RS Discussions' started by Mattblack000, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Bob Ain't Stoppin'

Bob Ain't Stoppin' Member

2. Peter Burridge

Peter Burridge Well-Known Member Contributor

I agree completely. It is your decision. If you come onto a public forum hoping not to receive the opinions of others you may be in the wrong place. With respect.

Peter

Andy Griffiths and darrell like this.
  3. boxter

boxter Well-Known Member

4. Last

Last Active Member

You're going to have to deal with a staggering amount of tut tutting around here if you dare think about any modification besides turning the RS into a GS.

Best to just not respond.

MotoWraith likes this.
  5. Peter Burridge

Wrong. Response and communication leads to understanding and a good community. I'm apologise profusely for daring to offer an opinion on the RS forum where I've hopefully contributed in a positive way, almost since day one :rolleyes:

I'm joking. I don't apologise and there's no way I want my RS to be anything other than what it is, a sports tourer.

duccrazydave and Andy Griffiths like this.
  6. MrVvrroomm

MrVvrroomm Well-Known Member

20170917_190258.jpg
    GS handguards on RS

Lee likes this.
  7. SauRoN

SauRoN Well-Known Member

Hmm...if you are that close to oncoming traffic isn't the problem really that you are in the wrong place?

In my mind hand guards would be more about keeping the air off my paws that actually worrying about safety from the front.

But as you say it's your decision if you want them or not. Rizome used to make similar products maybe have a look there?

8. Peter Burridge

Some people seem to have become a little defensive on this thread. The OP posted about finding some lever protectors. It's a forum. Opinions abound and are allowed, encouraged even. You can take an opinion, considered it, take it onboard or ignore it. There was no need for the OP to jump to the defensive. Lever protectors are no use whatsoever in the circumstances he described for the reasons given. If he wants bling then that is absolutely well and good. If he listens to an opinion and thinks 'yes, they're a waste of money' then fine too. My HP footrests are mainly bling. I'm okay with that.

I know what lever protectors are for. I remember when their need was highlighted (hence the video clip). In the UK sportsbike scene they are often fitted to road bikes because the racers fit them and they are 'cool', a part of the whole sportsbike scene. That's okay.

Hand-guards are a different thing of course. More effective in their role but dubious looking on an RS 'in my opinion'. I've ridden with hand guards on bikes so equipped and off-road they are a boon. On-road I don't find they help with cold hands much if at all.

If someone doesn't think that your ideas are good that's their opinion, it's okay, there's no need to get defensive or offensive.

That's what I think :)

Peter

Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
  9. MotoWraith

MotoWraith New Member

LOL It's a motorbike forum. If people don't know the answer to your actual question, no worries, they will be more than happy to chime in with an opinion .... inevitably telling you how wrong you are.

For what it's worth I think they would look great and add to the sporty aesthetic. Yes, I see the irony in offering this opinion :)

Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
  10. Peter Burridge

Or of course how right.