No customization options are available.

Klim Closeout at RevZilla and Motorcycle Gear.com

Discussion in 'Helmets, Leathers, Boots and Gloves' started by Lee, Jan 5, 2018.

1. Lee

Lee Well-Known Member

2. Stick Rockwell

Stick Rockwell Member

Those Klim discounts look impressive for what appears to be a well designed line. What are the opinions of the more modest priced, Tour Master products? Stick.

3. Daboo

Daboo Active Member

I've owned Tourmaster jackets in the past. They weren't top of the line jackets...but they were pretty good. Several years ago, I ended up getting an Olympia jacket and liked it a lot. Since then, I've bought other Olympia jackets and pants. The hi-vis colour isn't as bright as it used to be, but the jackets and pants will probably be the last I'll buy. I was fortunate that when I needed a new item, Olympia was discounting their old product line and I got it for about the price you'd get for the equivalent Tourmaster.

Olympia gear is designed by riders for riders. The owner answers my emails himself. About all I've ever needed is a new zipper pull (not the zipper itself)...but it always comes free and with no hassles.

One of the things I've liked about the Olympia AST2 jacket I have, is the jacket is waterproof, but they did some extra work to make it as nice as it is. The vents vent through the liner directly to your skin. On the older Tourmaster Transition Series jacket, the vents vented into the liner. There's a new version out now, but I think it still vents into the liner, not directly to your skin. Little things like that make a difference. BTW, they don't sell the AST2 anymore...but the Ranger is virtually the same...and less than the Tourmaster jacket.

Chris

4. Grumpy Goat

Grumpy Goat Well-Known Member Contributor

I like Olympia too. Klim would have to be deducted a lot more than 35% to shift a dollar from my wallet. :) Thanks for the links though, Lee.

Richard230 likes this.
  5. Lee

Lee Well-Known Member

Since these are closeouts I'm surprised they did not go to 50% off.
    When Debbie bought her closeout Klim jacket last year it was 50% off.

6. Grumpy Goat

Grumpy Goat Well-Known Member Contributor

That would be a nice deal and appropriate for closeout.

7. Bill the Cat

Bill the Cat Active Member

Klim gloves are really nice and I'm in the market for some new summer gloves. I had an old Tourmaster jacket and it held up well for about three years and then kinda disintegrated all at once.

8. Lee

Lee Well-Known Member

Debbie has used the Long Induction gloves for several years and likes them.
    Last year she inherited my Short Induction gloves when I found after one trip they were too small for me.
    I ended up ordering one size larger than the Klim Element gloves I have.
    The Short Induction gloves work good because they let air flow up our jacket sleeves in hot weather.
    Klim gloves don't seem to fade out like others we have used.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018 at 4:08 PM
    darrell and Bill the Cat like this.
  9. Bill the Cat

Bill the Cat Active Member

Thanks! I note that the short cuff inductions are indeed on sale, now to see if they have my size.

10. Jim Evans

Jim Evans Well-Known Member

You could buy several Tourmasters for the price of a Klim: even at discount. I find it hard to believe Klim is that good.

Grumpy Goat likes this.