No customization options are available.

Kawasaki Touring Turbo

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Richard230, Dec 5, 2017.

1. Richard230

Richard230 Well-Known Member Contributor

2. Vtbob

Vtbob Well-Known Member

Sounds like a fun bike....lots of go.
    They didn't rate the hp/torque but if it is a detune of the original H2 my guess is some where in the 160 to 180 range.
    At 560+ it is no light weight....40 over our RSs.

The BMW S1000XR is it's closest competition.
    I chose the RS over the XR so I don't se a H2 SX in my future

3. Daboo

Daboo Active Member

I'm excited about it. It sounds like they did a lot of things right. The engine tuning seems smooth. The handling one or two up sounds great. The comfort sounds good. It has all the features we've come to expect from a sport-touring bike. The only negative is that it sounds like it is so good at what it does, that you don't realize how fast you're going...probably till the LEO tells you what you earned on your "performance award".

A lot of this has to do with the new EURO emission standards that came out. Manufacturers either had to comply, or drop their models. It's forced a lot of new bikes onto the market, and the result is a lot of competition. This Kawasaki sounds great. The new 2019 Yamaha Tracer coming out in the later half of 2018 sounds great. Hopefully, BMW will take the engine they are introducing and put it into a F850GT with all the bells and whistles too. For the next year or so, gone are the days of a "new" model being another boring paint colour change.

This doesn't mean the "old" bikes are bad...just that there are more choices now. The lupin blue RS is still a sweet looking bike! :)

Chris

4. stuart2820

stuart2820 Active Member

Just returned for another look and they've pulled the video, wonder why that was?
    Looking forward to hearing the reviews on this bike.

5. Daboo

Daboo Active Member

Take a look at this page. http://www.motorcycle.com/manufactu...8-kawasaki-ninja-h2-sx-review-first-ride-html

Looks like there were some feathers ruffled about them getting an early review out, so they pulled the review till the rest of the reviewers can catch up. So I'm sure it'll be back.

I was really impressed by the review. It seemed very honest and far more than simply a manufacturer's advertisement.

Chris

6. Jim Evans

Jim Evans Well-Known Member

Let's hope they improved fuel consumption from the H2. At 25 mpg you won't be touring far!

Scott and Richard230 like this.