No customization options are available.

Illium Risers

Discussion in 'Parts & Accessories' started by Bert Adams, Apr 2, 2016.

1. wantajustride

wantajustride Member

You make a very valid point. "If in doubt, have the trained technicians look at it".
    I am very satisfied with the end result of the modified location of the bars now.
  2. Roadnwater

Roadnwater Active Member

I have a set of Ilium Risers for sale if anyone is interested. I was very pleased with them but have done a conversion to bars and no longer use the Ilium risers. FYI I did not reroute the clutch cable either for these risers and found that there was enough slack. When I installed bars I did do the rerouting and was surprised how simple it is once a bit of bodywork is removed.
  3. NeilKate

NeilKate New Member

The Hornig bar risers only move the bars up one inch, and do not move the bar back at all, and yet Hornig recommends re-routing the clutch cable (the video referenced above). Amazing that the clutch cable is so tight stock that it cannot handle such a small adjustment of the bars. This is why my Hornig risers are still in my toolbox; re-routing the clutch cable as per the video would be a PITA for such a small improvement. Maybe I should just install the Hornig risers, remove the cable tie as suggested above, and see how restrictive the clutch cable is on full lock?