No customization options are available.

Hi From Northwest UK

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Varidian, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Varidian

Varidian New Member

Hi All
    just a quick introduction . My Partner has just changed her GS foe a 17 plate R1200R and loves it.
    I myself have a GSA but ride the 1200R and what a great bike it is . Quite different to the GS. Looking forward to getting tips and info from you guys and also , hopefully , be able to contribute to the Forum too. Been Riding since the late 1970's and had many BMWs over the years along with other makes. I do a lot of my own maintenance and have rebuilt a couple of Air Heads in the past. At present we have the 1200R the GSA and a 10 plate Harley Road King. My Partner used to race bikes and is a fan of Sports stuff whereas I'm more your Adventure /tourer kind of guy. Look forward to the forum.

James Bagley likes this.
  2. Peter Burridge

Peter Burridge Well-Known Member Contributor

Hiya

Do you realise that this is the RS forum and not the R? There is an R forum and you're welcome here anyway :)

I had a RK Classic for a while. A lot of fun if a little 'different' :)

I'm in Kendal so NW too.

Peter

3. Varidian

Varidian New Member

Thanks Peter
    Yes I joined the forum as it seems a good one and the bikes are pretty similar bar fairing I believe, so hoping the info will still be relevant. It was a friend with an RS that suggested I join.

Peter Burridge likes this.
  4. Peter Burridge

Peter Burridge Well-Known Member Contributor

It is a good forum. As you say, little difference. The fork setup is slightly different too making the R a little more nimble by all accounts.

One of my lady IAM associates had a red/white R. Very nice :)

Peter

5. Graham Lewis

Graham Lewis Active Member Contributor

welcome, there are some really knowledgable and helpful folks on here willing to help. ( not me know nothing just get on and ride) where about are you in the North West