No customization options are available.

HEX ezCAN..

Discussion in 'General R1200RS Discussions' started by Tazz45, Jan 3, 2017.

1. DABs

DABs Active Member

2. DABs

DABs Active Member

Ho hum. Email back from Twisted Throttle:
    "Unfortunately we are not able to ship Hex products to Europe due to international trade agreements. I apologize for the inconvenience."

Damn. Clearly we're the pariah of the globe :-(

Dave

3. Robert the Brews

Robert the Brews Member

May be, but this is highly speculative, the manufacturer HEX wants to add a sun slider (0 - 100%) for auxilary lights in the configuration tool, when the bike is equiped with the (optional) daylight bar available in the EU. Or may be HEX wants to supply the EU-version of the ezCAN with a legal EU emergency stop signal on the brake light, also selectable in the configuration tool !!

But this is only wishful thinking from my side. :rolleyes: Anyway I like the HEX ezCAN! :)

Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
  4. Phillo

Phillo Active Member

Hi, try ordering direct from the manufacturer Hex code in South Africa the same people who produce the GS911..???

5. DABs

DABs Active Member

Unfortunately they said:
    "The EU Type Approval is still in process, and as such we, as manufacturer, cannot ship to the EU yet. How long this approval and certification process will still take is unclear at this stage."

Nevertheless, I now have one and am looking forward to warmer weather for a farkle; it's currently 1 deg C and not that much more in the garage :-(

Dave

mark g likes this.
  6. SauRoN

SauRoN Well-Known Member

folagana likes this.
  7. mark g

mark g New Member

Hi Guys, got my ezCAN but does not seem to want to fit?? A bit confused as to where this RDC module is to connect to? Anyone had any probs?

8. Grumpy Goat

Grumpy Goat Well-Known Member Contributor

Check my video.

9. mark g

mark g New Member

Cheers Grumpy Goat-spot on instruction! thanks a bunch :)

10. Grumpy Goat

Grumpy Goat Well-Known Member Contributor

You are most welcome.

11. mark g

mark g New Member

I've had to use one high power output for each of the new aux front spots; nippy Normans do a lead that apparently allows you to swap the std horn for a Soundbomb/mini. Will have to go that route.

12. mark g

mark g New Member

Got mine from Ebay, a guy in Canada called wheelie-junkie - top man!

13. DABs

DABs Active Member

Unfortunately, unless my understanding is wrong, I can't have BOTH one auxiliary light flashing in antiphase with the indicator AND the airhorn sounding when I double-pull the headlamp flasher which strobes the auxiliary lights. Your route will give the former but not the latter, which is a shame.

Dave

Last edited: Oct 28, 2017
  14. Robert the Brews

Robert the Brews Member

Recently I emailed some questions (Q) to the manufacturer of the Hex ezCan. The answers (A) might be interesting for some of us R1200RS owners:

Q) Do you have any idea when the certification process (for the EU) will be finished for this product? And will this accessory manager available in the EU before spring next year?
    A) At this stage it is unclear exactly when approval will be granted. We are hoping that the process is complete before spring next year, however I cannot make any promises as the majority of the approval steps are out of our hands.

Q) The software includes an option to turn off the auxiliary light(s) when one of the turn signal light is active. Do you need to connect both the auxiliary lights on separate power outputs or does this option also work when the two lights are connected with only power output (using a splitter)?
    A) For the "Off when turn signal active" function to work properly, both lights needs to be connected to its own output, otherwise the ezCAN cannot differentiate between left and right of both are connected to one output.

Q) When I keep the OEM-horn in function but add another horn connected with the Hex ezCan are both horns functioning by pressing the horn button or only one of them (which one?)?
    A) If you want to purchase an aftermarket horn along with your OEM horn, both horns will function at the same time, unless you disconnect the factory horn (which will create a DTC)

Q) You can add a rear/brake light to a power channel of the Hex ezCan. The rear light can be adjusted from 0 to 100%. It might be interesting to have two positions (with two separate sliders) for the rear light; one for normal conditions and one for driving under fog conditions (functioning as a fog light and selected when fog appears by a certain (?) switch). Maybe something to add in future?
    A) I will list your suggestion on our suggestions page, and if approved, might see itself in a future software update.

pasko likes this.