No customization options are available.

Hello Trump

Discussion in 'Off Topic Section' started by folagana, Nov 9, 2016.

1. Willy

Willy Well-Known Member

Shit doesn't burn!!!!

Peter Burridge likes this.
  2. Aussie Import

Aussie Import Well-Known Member

England has gone to war with the US for less in 1812.
    I don't think Trump is up to the job, but what do I know? I have seen the press twist and distort news about politicians frequently. It is even easier to do this when the subject is in another land.
    The US will sort out their own issues in time.

3. Daboo

Daboo Active Member

I think Trump could come up with an affordable cure for cancer...and he'd still get blamed for it. It would put too many doctors out of work.

Chris

4. Mr. 36654

Mr. 36654 Well-Known Member

Hmm........my ancestors left
    1) England because England thought they were pieces of S#!T and
    2) Germany because Germans spent 30-yrs killing each other and had no economy or government.

You either leave for being S#!t or wanting to escape it. In either case, you're a lot smarter than those that stay and accept their fate.

Trump isn't speaking truth, he's babbling like a school yard twit...

5. Aussie Import

Aussie Import Well-Known Member

I have no idea what Trump said or says beyond the headlines and the commentary.
    Can anyone report on improvement or degrading of the US domestic economy or balance of trade under Trump?
    Is there more debt? What is happening with employment? Is there any change to consumer confidence? Has there been any impact on the homelessness crisis?
    I do not wish political or economic misfortune on any civilised nation. I acknowledge that a couple of nations would be better to pass into history with their present governments. These do not include any nation represented on this forum - now that Macca fixed the bot attack.

6. ray2

ray2 Well-Known Member Contributor

...except when it comes from a bull and gets old and dry.... (I've made more than one fire from "cow pies.")
    Good news for now - economy usually trails policy by a few years, so we are still riding the small wave of recovery generated by policy generated in response to problems that came to a head in 2008. Our downturn will probably hit shortly after the 2020 election of Trump for a second term....
    Part of the advantage of our constitutional republic is that no one person can make laws. At times, it's like herding cats to get anything done - and that task thwarts any leader who does not have a lot of cat food.

Bub and darrell like this.
  7. Scorch

Scorch Well-Known Member

Peter, you're far too generous.

What I think of Trump is not printable in such polite company.
    All I can say is that I can't believe he hasn't been removed from office. He's not fit to run a public urinal, let along the USA.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
    MrVvrroomm likes this.
  8. ray2

ray2 Well-Known Member Contributor

You guys need to know more about Vice-President Mike Pence - the man who would replace President Trump - before wondering why no one is jumping to get Trump to resign. Word from those who would like to see the US become an evangelical theocracy run by those of us who enjoy personal insight from God, is that impeachment of Trump should aim at 2 years and 1 day into the Trump administration, which would allow Pence to be president for up to 10 y - assuming he can manipulate social media sufficiently to be elected a couple of times.... And he knows the media. He had his own radio show in which he characterized himself as "Rush Limbaugh on decaf."

9. Richard230

Richard230 Well-Known Member Contributor

I have heard the same thing about Pence from our local (left-leaning and biased) radio commentators, but I don't really know much about the man, other than he seems to keep his mouth shut most of the time - which is a positive attribute in my book. :rolleyes: