No customization options are available.

Hello from South Australia

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Blue Ears, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Blue Ears

Blue Ears New Member

After looking at these bikes for too long I have finally made the change and now have a blue 2017 RS. We have had some strange weather here, up to 35 c followed by days of rain, not the best way to experience a new bike. Fortunately we are experiencing some excellent riding weather at the moment, low 20s and clear skies. Must thank everyone on this forum for some very helpful information regarding the RS. The bike is everything I hoped it would be, particularly impressed how smooth the engine is, last bike was a 2007 R1200R. Low speed control for me has been brilliant and a confidence booster in unfamiliar situations. My wife and I like to spend our holidays on our bikes travelling interstate, yes she rides as well. Just got back from a 2000km trip to the eastern side of Australia. I was still on the 07 BMW. I have added a radiator guard. A friend with an XR had some fins bent on his first ride, not impressed.

ray2, James Bagley and duccrazydave like this.
  2. Michael

Michael Well-Known Member

Welcome Blue Ears and congratulations on your purchase - you won't be sorry. I travelled through SA last month when I travelled Perth-Canberra after a rally in WA. Very comfortable for thew pillion and myself and full luggage. The bike didn't put a foot wrong in over 6000 kms.
    In SA we went via Port Augusta and then to Mildura - lovely ride. I heading to Adelaide next time to see an old work buddy. We should catch up. If you are ever in SE NSW let me know.

3. Aussie Import

Aussie Import Well-Known Member

Too bad the panniers don't have an inbuilt rack for the wine bottles!

boxter likes this.
  4. Leon.P.

Leon.P. Well-Known Member

Welcome and enjoy.:)

5. boxter

boxter Active Member

You mean you don't all drink XXXX down under,:( Dohh

Ged

Leon.P. likes this.
  6. Michael

But we do... 14494677_1163967980338478_2415782043755530611_n.jpg

7. Michael

Only Triumph riders drink XXXX.

Scott, Leon.P. and boxter like this.
  8. Leon.P.

What do Harley Riders drink.??? XXXX ???;)

Stick Rockwell likes this.
  9. Stick Rockwell

Stick Rockwell Member

This ex Harley rider drinks Casamigos' Tequilla. The Reposado is wonderful straight, or mixed with fresh squeezed lime, lemon, and a smidge of agave syrup, straight up in a salt rimmed glass. Yes, all, we do drink on the other side of the equator......Stick.

10. Leon.P.

Stick. When do you find time to ride. The joke here is that they named that Beer 4 XXXX for those who can't spell.LOL:):):):)

11. Stick Rockwell

Stick Rockwell Member

Leon, I don't drink ALL of my non working hours. I ride every chance I get when I'm not playing golf. Trouble is right now, we're in the reverse season of you guys down under! We had our first snowfall of the season in the metro DC area today. We got about 6" but only on the grass. Streets are clear. It will be 40F tomorrow but I can't seem to get a free pass from the boss. She worries about me.....but believe you me, I'm continuing to work on it! Stick.

12. Mr. 36654

Mr. 36654 Well-Known Member

Ensure

13. Leon.P.

Stick. You need to tell her the importance of getting that extra 200-400 miles to get that gearbox working properly as the winter break has been known to upset the clutch thrust bearing and has been known to stop the signal getting back to the bike computer. All of that would mean further work carried out by your BMW dealer next spring at your cost.;) That should work.:):) Good luck with that. LOL:)

Stick Rockwell likes this.
  14. Scott

Scott Active Member

Chateau Hubris.

15. Scott

Scott Active Member

Welcome.