No customization options are available.

Hand Grips Too Small for You?

Discussion in 'Parts & Accessories' started by darrell, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Dadda

Dadda New Member

what a beautifully elegant solution the 0-rings are!! Thanks to Peter and John for posting this information. For the past 10+ years I have been using tennis grip tape across various Ducati's and KTM's. Recently bought the BMW RS and joined this forum. One of the first mods I did was to apply tennis grip tape - unfortunately before I read this post. Well, spent my $12 GBP to order some 0-rings (thanks to the info posted here) to give it a go. Damn! what a great solution! Looks more factory fit in real life than these photos indicate, but more importantly the grips are comfortable, the proper size now, and the heated grips work fine. Beautifully elegant!!! This is one of the great things about these forums, coming across great, smart fixes such as this. Thanks!

Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
  2. Beatlunch

Beatlunch New Member

Had the same 'grips too small' problem with my former ride, an F800gs - same solution here. Trimmed and installed a set of Renthal grips over the stock grips - no problems with heat transmission and they provide more grip too. Much better for my larger than 'stock' hands and fewer cramping issues. Took off the bar ends, applied some diluted simple green and shimmied them on. Thick one goes on the clutch side - thin to the throttle. Compressed air might work to help install but didn't try it. No slipping at the interface once installed. Think I spent about $12 on Amazon. Whole process took about 30 minutes but again, I've done this before. IMG_2618.JPG

3. MotoWraith

MotoWraith New Member

I did this on my GS. Great feel, easy to do. I used hair spray as lube/glue. I only wish the Renthal soft came in black....

Beatlunch likes this.
  4. SauRoN

SauRoN Well-Known Member

Yup have the Grip Puppies on mine.

When riding the R1200GS the other day it was the most obvious pain in the ass with the stock grips on that.

5. Bill the Cat

Bill the Cat Well-Known Member

Yup, grip pups for me. It's not that the grips are too small, but I can ride with a more relaxed grip with the pups.