No customization options are available.

GWS - Sydney, Australia

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Braden, Nov 27, 2017.

1. Braden

Braden New Member

Hi RS riders,

Braden from Western Sydney here. Fell in love with the RS on a demo ride a few months ago and ended up trading in my F650GS (which I loved), but it was worth ending the relationship to ride the RS! Last weekend I went to the Bike Show in Darling Harbour and there wasn't another bike i'd like to ride other than the RS, so I made the right decision. Also have the Nav VI which apart being a rip off, I think it does the job. Unfortunately I have an older Scala Rider system and occasionally the (music)audio cuts out, so in a couple of years I might invest in a BMW helmet.

I have just bought the BMW panniers and now looking at getting them sprayed. I'll be looking at a few threads to see what some other RSers have done.

Ride safe out there and don't trust cars!

Attached Files:

2. LQB1

LQB1 Member

Congratulations! And welcome! You may have already done some poking around on this forum, but there's lots of good info - and great people.

Braden likes this.
  3. AusTourer

AusTourer Active Member

Welcome Braden you fell right into the RS trap one look or one test ride is all it takes. you got it at the right time to nice riding weather again.

Leon.P. and Braden like this.
  4. Braden

Braden New Member

Update on my panniers. After assembling, and putting them on my bike I thought they grey wasn'y too bad, but every photo i see with the grey luggage on the blue/white to me looks odd. So I went to my local smashie and he is going to colour match the white and spray for me. I can add decals later.

5. Aussie Import

Aussie Import Well-Known Member

Don't rely too much on trouble free operation of the Nav VI and a BMW helmet.

I have used various combinations with mixed success.

Presently I have a Sena 10U which fits inside the Arai Vector 2 helmet and is very easily managed. No substantial protrusions. The RC3 remote is also handy and is mounted on the clutch master cylinder when I need it. I had previously used a Sena 3S-W with a Bell helmet.

I run all music from a SD card inside my Nav V.

Over the course I have used a Samsung Galaxy Note 3, and now a Galaxy Note 8 connected to the Nav V.

For reasons known to someone else, both the "3" and the "8" are unreliable on telephone calls. The fault is the other party "drops out" and all I get is feedback from my own transmission. Now I know that some may say that the problem is people just hanging up on me. I do have some empirical evidence that is not so (apart from speaking to my lovely wife) because it also happens when I get cold calls from spruikers trying to sell me "energy discounts". Even a loaded cannon pointed at their desk does not dissuade them!

I have occasionally checked with Sena and with Garmen to see if there are software updates, but none have surfaced to date.

The "8" is using the latest version of Bluetooth (ver 5), so it is beyond me.

Braden likes this.
  6. Michael

Michael Well-Known Member

Smashie! Love it. I'd be interested to see a photo of the finished paint job.

Braden and Leon.P. like this.
  7. Leon.P.

Leon.P. Well-Known Member

Welcome and enjoy:)

Braden likes this.
  8. Braden

Braden New Member

I'll definitely post a pic of paint job, unless it looks worse. LOL. It'll look awesome I think.

9. Andy Griffiths

Andy Griffiths Well-Known Member

You must have one of the last Lupin 's available new - wise choice

Braden and boxerboy like this.
  10. gursel

gursel New Member

Hi Braden,
    I was there on Sunday as well and could not help checking out RS as you did, except it was ALL black!, which I think white/blue combo looks much better, same as mine ;-)
    I agree, there were lots of bikes, some looked almost as good as RS, such as few MVs, etc.
    Most people were attracted to S1000 lying on its side for a photo opportunity, which looked rather silly.
    I did not see too many people paying attention to RS though, surprisingly...
    By the way, I've got X-heads, just in case, if I forget to put my foot down when I stop ...

Braden and Andy Griffiths like this.
  11. Grumpy Goat

Grumpy Goat Well-Known Member Contributor

Welcome Braden.

Braden likes this.
  12. boxerboy

boxerboy Well-Known Member

Good to have you with us Braden.

Braden likes this.
  13. Braden

Braden New Member

My RS with painted luggage colour matched to the light metallic grey on tank. I actually like it plain with the angles on the side luggage giving the panniers a nice look, so I'm not looking at adding any decals. To me it certainly looks more matching than the standard grey it comes in.
    IMG_2317.JPG IMG_2314.JPG IMG_2319.JPG

Aussie Import likes this.
: Sydney, Australia