No customization options are available.

Germany beckons - again

Discussion in 'Ride Reports' started by Boxerboy55, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Graham Lewis

Graham Lewis Active Member Contributor

Darren excellent roads in germany try the b500 below baden baden and there are great roads everywhere especially around Freiburg which is also handy to do the Vosges just into France. are you camping or hotels if you want some recommend http://www.landhaus-zur-badischen-weinstrasse.de

2. Darren

Darren Member

Thanks for the info. I will definitely use it. When i toured France i camped mostly but Spain trip i used hotels every night.
    Ill probably use hotels Germany too. Look forward to exploring Germany and the roads

3. Boxerboy55

Boxerboy55 Well-Known Member

Garmisch-Partenkirchen BMW weekend.

6-7-8 July.

I’m booked :)

4. Darren

Darren Member

I leave Dublin 16th July. I waited until the day after the world cup final. Though maybe great roads by day and football by night for weeks on end might have been the better idea thinking about it

5. Bazza Beemer

Bazza Beemer Well-Known Member

Hey Boxer, I thought you would have a Mudsling on the back by now. Really keeps that shock clean. Nice report.

6. wessie

wessie Well-Known Member

I'm hoping to get to Germany at least twice this year. The week before Easter should be a solo trip to the Lux border area. The Ardennes and Eiffel regions are favourites of mine and only a couple of hours from Calais. Planning to stop in Vianden which sits in Lux, right on the German border.
    My regular summer touring group is also visiting the Eiffel for a couple of nights in Bad Bertrich followed by a few nights in Goslar in the Harz area. Return via Arnheim.
    Trying to keep the daily mileage down to 250 or less this year as a few health problems have reduced my stamina to do 3-400 miles in a day.

Graham Lewis likes this.
  7. Martien

Martien Member

Mittelgebirge Karte.jpg

My personal favorite areas are the Schwarzwald (Black Forest) and southern Eifel / Hunsruck around the Mosel river. Will be exploring the Harz and Erz mountains myself this year, as well as the Thuringer Wald.

Robert the Brews likes this.
  8. Robert the Brews

Robert the Brews Member

Nice map! It is clear where to go to find the German twisties which I like so much and where our RS'es exel!! Last year I explored the Harz, the Eifel and the Schwarzwald and I loved them all. Just a small warning for those who don't know Germany very well......... according to the scale of the map you might expect to ride from, well lets say.......... from Köln to München in less than an hour (~ 60 to 70 km.) :eek:. In real life even when you take the "Autobahn" and drive it at 200 km/h. you need at least 3 hours to get from Köln to München!! o_O

9. Martien

Martien Member

LOL didn't spot that one, clearly a 0 missing from that scale! :D

Robert the Brews likes this.
  10. Darren

Darren Member

Good map and info. look forward to exploring the black forest area