No customization options are available.

Garmin V reboot

Discussion in 'Parts & Accessories' started by Charles, Oct 12, 2017.

1. Charles

Charles Active Member

Is anyone else having an issue of the Garmin V doing a hard reboot as you are driving down the road? My unit was replaced and now the new unit is doing the same thing. Thanks for any input anyone might have.

2. Bart

Bart Member

Hi Charles, most Garmin units, including the NAV V, start having issues after a period of use. There a few things you can check:

1. Make sure there are not to many tracks, routes and waypoints on the unit
    2. Clear out the archive (places where you have been) on a regular basis.
    3. If you use a micro sd card for extra memory make sure its well installed, of the right quality, and not full with routes and tracks.

When you do the above mentioned stuff, the hard resets wll most likely dissappear

ray2 likes this.
  3. Aussie Import

Aussie Import Well-Known Member

I occasionally get a hard re-set. There is no particular pattern. Sometimes it is after a period where the unit has not behaved "right". Sometimes it is after I have dismounted it and connected it to my computer for upgrade or adjusting music files. It is a typical FRED, which has not yet achieved domestic refrigerator reliability.

4. SauRoN

SauRoN Well-Known Member

I've had it do this while trying to setup Bluetooth with my iPhone which has been problematic since iOS 11.

But only recall it happening once when riding.

5. Charles

Charles Active Member

The mount has now been replaced. Well it is still doing it. The funny thing is that it has done it with three different units. If had only been with one unit I could understand but not three.

6. Lee

Lee Well-Known Member

Mine has done it several times while riding.

7. darrell

darrell Well-Known Member Contributor

Mine has done several times as well. There does not seem to be a pattern or activity I do before it occurs.