No customization options are available.

G310R for the Wife

Discussion in 'Readers Rides' started by roger coleman, Jul 24, 2017.

1. roger coleman

roger coleman Well-Known Member

just placed deposit on ex demo G310R with Riders of Cardiff, I will need to get the seat reduced in hgt, so if anyone can suggest a seat modifier local to the south west, around Cheltenham, Id be grateful.

2. Andy Griffiths

Andy Griffiths Well-Known Member

Great swap - does she know :)

Lee and Bravo like this.
  3. roger coleman

not yet, Im waiting till I collect it today to tell her it was a one way journey.

Bravo likes this.
  4. Yoda

Yoda Active Member

Nice one Roger - what time do you think you'll be there, I might pop in to say hello (and look at the bikes...)

5. roger coleman

Alan, I will be there around 2.00/3.00 ish, they are putting it through ist service at 2.oo. I can ride it after that. I will probably buy it and ride it back to Tewkesbury, hope it doesnt rain. It will be good to see you again., Lets hope they have the coffee on

6. Yoda

Yoda Active Member

Yes, good to meet up. I'll see if I can get there around that time. Not raining here at the moment but the clouds are dark...

7. Andy Griffiths

I was too subtle ..
    It was a weak effort at a joke - as in - you've swapped your WIFE for a MOTORCYCLE ..

I'll stick to the day job :rolleyes:

8. roger coleman

i did get it, lol, I was being sublte back, woosh

Andy Griffiths likes this.
  9. roger coleman

So, Im trying to arrange a months insurance for this little bike, until we sell the existing bike and transfer the NCB.
    Cost of ANNUAL (12 months) cover £101
    Cost for 30 days cover £70
    unbelievable, and its only available through Bikesure, who are another of the crappy insurance companies to deal with.

10. Scorch

Scorch Well-Known Member

I'm very intrigued by the recent influx of 300cc models from all manufacturers, and would very much like to have a go on one. Let us know what it's like when you've had a bit of saddle time.

(Not saying I'd be in the market for one, but I'll give anything on two wheels a go)

Richard230 likes this.
  11. roger coleman

I did a short test ride on it, and was a bit dissappointed. Obviously after an RS its going feel tame, Its very light, drops into corners nicely, I had it into 5th before I realised I hadnt used the clutch. So the gearbox must be quite good.
    I felt very exposed on it, tbh. There is nothing out front, no screen, you just look out at the world, and you feel you are the thing thats going hit anything first.
    I have to remember Im buying for a novice rider, who is very short and light, needs to have both feet down in order to hold it up, as she has dodgy hip, and doesnt want to feel frightened to get on it. So far so good.
    I have just managed to get it added to her existing insurance (£60) for one month. So its not taxed and insured, all I need is some good weather.

Scorch likes this.
  12. Andy Griffiths

And they'll probably hit you with a £30 admin fee when you sell the other bike - LOL:rolleyes:

13. Grumpy Goat

Grumpy Goat Well-Known Member Contributor

.... and that is the best demographic for this little bike. I dropped a few hints to my wife but she brilliantly ignored them ... :cool:

ray2 likes this.