No customization options are available.

Front indicator replacement

Discussion in 'Parts & Accessories' started by Graham Ramsey, Nov 25, 2017.

1. Graham Ramsey

Graham Ramsey Member

Has anyone had any experience of Rizoma Leggera indicators? Twice now my front right has been caught by some twat. These look like they'll help but not bloody cheap.

2. James Bagley

James Bagley Well-Known Member

Since my shop space is limited, wheeling motorcycles around can be a bother. Twice I’ve popped my front turn signals ajar from their mounts (fortunately, they popped right back in). The only reason that I have not replaced the front indicators is the apparent intent of BMW. In their desire to assist the riders of their bikes, the indicators were placed at about the same width as the cylinders/heads. Since I can see the indicators a great deal easier than the engine, a quick visual reference is available to prevent the collision of hard parts with other hard parts.

That said, there are options that are less expensive. Hornig offers a surface-fit indicator in clear or gray that is nearly half the price of the Rizoma product. It is installed with an adhesive and fits closely to the bodywork. I have not used these myself, but they might work well for your application. Photo and link are below...

[​IMG]

https://www.motorcycleparts-hornig....Lenses-Bulbs/LED-Fairing-Turning-Signals.html

Lee and ray2 like this.
  3. AZGeek

AZGeek Member

Just saw this post on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bmwr1200rs/permalink/1255720104528152/

I'd be concerned if these were so secure that the fairing cracks when the signal is bumped. That is a very expensive piece of Tupperware to replace. As much as it is a pain in the rear, I'd rather sacrifice the turn signal. If someone comes out with a 5ft perimeter taser defense system then I might look into that instead. Perhaps I might even get the satisfaction of seeing the perpetrator lying next to the bike. ;)

And if I wake up lying next to the bike a bit dazed and confused, it might take me awhile to put two and two together...

Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
  4. Graham Ramsey

Graham Ramsey Member

Thanks James,I'll have look

5. Graham Ramsey

Graham Ramsey Member

Those Hornig look ok, so added to my Christmas list, thanks James :)

6. Aussie Import

Aussie Import Well-Known Member

Have had Hornig's signals for 2 years. My RS had std LED lights so there is no issue with Hornig. My mate's S1000RR had normal globes, and the Hornigs work fine for him too.

7. Graham Ramsey

Graham Ramsey Member

Good to know, thanks