No customization options are available.

From R1200S to R1200RS - S vs RS

Discussion in 'R1200RS Versus The Competition' started by boxerlust, Feb 27, 2016.

1. Aussie Import

Aussie Import Well-Known Member

Pre 4 Valve oilhead? Too big for any R 60. R90 / R100?

2. OKBMW

OKBMW Active Member Contributor

Nice transformation, it would be hard to part with that. Especially since you have become so intimate with it. :p

3. OKBMW

OKBMW Active Member Contributor

[QUOTE=" But how can you replace the satisfaction of riding around on a motorcycle that runs better than new, that you built yourself, and has all the history and appeal (not to mention good looks) of an airhead?
    [/QUOTE]

That sais it all right there, I think it's awesome. I really enjoy seeing someone in an older or vintage car or bike that has been refurbished or well taken care of. You sir have done well and that is quite a nice bike.

4. boxerlust

boxerlust Member

@Andreas,I rode on the 'Ring 20 years ago on a then new Honda Fireblade which was a hot bike back then.Great track but very dangerous for a bike with all those guardrails!I would love to ride the Ring again on a S1000RR.That would be the ultimate experience!I hate forkdive and bottomimg out especially on the bad and bumpy roads of today.That's why I love TL for fast streetriding.I hope BMW pumps the boxer up to 150hp to make it more exciting with 140nm of torque and puts 17 inch wheels on a GS with half fairing and superbike handlebar and calls it "R1350XR"...;-)))
    Pretty much the boxer version of a S1000XR or 1290 Superduke GT...a good compromise between road & track.Have fun riding the Eifel and get rid of that Merkel that is hell bend on destroying Germany.I found the R1200R being a good compromise between the R1100S and R1200S and with the Wunderlich S-fairing not even too ugly.

5. GuzziKarl

GuzziKarl Member

The RS is an awesome and state of the art machine,,,,, perfect no , Miss the egros of my GS's although I have lowered foot pegs and raised bars, new windshield ,, my (2) GS needed neither mod, OK Areoflow windscreen, and deflectors.

Twisties, speed, immediate power the RS ROCKS!!

Had a an 82 RS,,, Hans Muth designed it well for then,,, but ESA, WC , on, and on a much better bike.. Yes I am not worthy,,, : (

KKB

6. PittsDriver

PittsDriver New Member

The R1200S was a great bike but no match for the fully equiped RS. Less comfort, slower gear changes, less torque, not much feel from the front end. Instruments were better, it was fine for trackdays, less so for touring which I did both with. The roll on torque of the S is astounding compared to the RS. Frankly, for the road, the R1200RT was a better machine than the R1200S

7. Last

Last Active Member

Ninja 250 to 2017 R12RS, here... (borrowed a RC390 for a couple thousand miles as well)

SauRoN likes this.
  8. Grumpy Goat

Grumpy Goat Well-Known Member Contributor

Wow! Another one with the same approach. :D

Last likes this.
  9. cushman

cushman Active Member

I went from a 35hp Kawasaki Ninja 300 (first bike) to the 125hp RS. I had 6.5k on the 300 and now over 7k miles on the RS.

Last and Grumpy Goat like this.