No customization options are available.

From Downunder

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Bikepirate, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Bikepirate

Bikepirate Member

Hi All,
    Well, I finally did it. After much soul searching I have bought an R1200RS to eventually take the place of my much loved 2002 R1150RS. My old bike has given me excellent service not missing a beat except for a replacement fuel line. It still looks like new. I made the decision as I'm now 75 years old and reckon I'll be riding for another 10 years or so. The 1150 has servo brakes and if the servo unit fails I"m in financial trouble! Just to make sure though, I'm keeping the 1150 for a couple of months just in case!
    So far, the 1200 is excellent, such a responsive powerful engine and easy to throw around corners. Downsides are the indicator switch (prefer the old BMW way) and the complicated display, but I'll get used to it I guess!
    Upside is this great forum. It's good to know that I can get good feedback (I hope!) from you guys if there's a problem and just to know there's a community out there of like minded riders.

Keep up the good work.

Grant, aka Bikepirate

Dudis, gursel, Aussie Import and 6 others like this.
  2. AusTourer

AusTourer Active Member

Welcome Grant and yep every ones good here with help and info. will take a bit of time to get use to all the new gizmos on The RS but once you do there great. just play with the display until you find which one you like and what info you want to see on it.