No customization options are available.

First Two Up for 2016

Discussion in 'Canadian Riders' started by Bazza Beemer, Apr 3, 2016.

1. fischetg

fischetg Active Member

Such a dirty dawg.......

Grumpy Goat likes this.
  2. SauRoN

SauRoN Well-Known Member

Probably no issue for a single rider and if you aren't sitting on it "fully".

But maybe a bit different fully loaded with luggage and a passenger.

3. oscarguitar

oscarguitar Well-Known Member

I recall the book suggests that the pillion gets off if it is cold! But I could have imagined it.
    I don't change my preload from one month to the next as my wife is a reluctant ( although really good) winter passenger. So I thought after reading this thread I would cycle through the settings yesterday to avoid it seizing up. Worked perfectly, engine running, standing astride, not on stand, quicker than I recall, just a few moments to move between settings.
    You're either doing it wrong, or something's wrong. I'm leaning towards the former.

4. Grumpy Goat

Grumpy Goat Well-Known Member Contributor

True. Never made the change either fully loaded or with me and the passenger on. But when I did it with me on the bike I had one leg down on the ground so the bike was pretty much seeing all my 200#. The manual did not indicate any caution about this other than to say:

At very low temperatures, unload the motorcycles before increasing the spring preload, and have the passenger dismount if necessary.

But it is probably best to keep the load to just the rider and nothing more.

SauRoN likes this.
  5. GeeCee

GeeCee Member

Yeh, thanks Bazza,
    I have read the page (many times) even while sitting on the bike trying to adjust it.
    you get the helmet symbol to flash then release the button and press momentarily and it will scroll through to the next setting

this is where I have the problem, mine does not advance to the next setting, it just stays on the same one (at least for the next 2-3 tries). Might have to be a visit to the dealer. Just have to allow an extra 3-5 minutes to set it up before I ride, oh well :(!
    Thanks anyway for your help (and patience :)).