No customization options are available.

Finally Got my bike!!

Discussion in 'Canadian Riders' started by shanco, May 15, 2016.

1. shanco

shanco New Member

Boy that was the longest I've had to wait for any purchase!

You see I hate to pay for something but not get to take it home so I never wait more then a few days when buying. This time was different, I have matured! the only way I was going to be able to get an R1200 RS was to wait as the dealership seems to sell out of them as quick as they get them!

So here it is, my new love affair. She was born on March 30th, 2016 and sat on a boat for a couple weeks until arriving in Canada early last week and getting shipped to the dealership arriving Friday, for a Saturday pickup! It was a cold and rainy day when I met her so I took it easy with her and only rode home about 35 minutes. WOW she is amazing, probably the best ride I have had, she shift's so smoothly, she blocks the wind with little effort and the speed at which she can accelerate is scary! I thought my Sprint ST could get up an go quickly but that bike has nothing on this one. On the road setting she is incredible, I can only imaging how wild she gets on the Dynamic setting! Cant wait to take her to the track and ride her hard!

I also picked up a pair of BMW Rider Pants and they are great! My first pair of riding pants, next up to find a jacket as good! I was also looking at the Heated vest, Anyone have any comments on them? are they worth the premium charged by BMW?

IMG_5995.JPG IMG_5998.JPG IMG_5992.JPG

2. Yoda

Yoda Active Member

I have the rider trousers and they do seem do be a good compromise for spring to autumn riding, a good fit and not heavy - but I haven't tried them in heavy rain yet ;)

As far as I can see the jacket in the BMW range which has similar features is the GS Dry jacket, if you're looking to stay BMW man :p The waterproof liner is not removable but that doesn't bother me.

My dealer has been selling the heated vest at a large discount for over a year, so I bought one last year. Seems to work OK in our "mild" UK winters, but the pain is that the control unit is a separate purchase - but you'll soon get used to the BMW way.....

Last edited: May 15, 2016
    shanco likes this.
  3. boxerboy

boxerboy Well-Known Member

Enjoy the new wheels Shanco

shanco likes this.
  4. mreeter

mreeter Active Member

Congrats on your new beauty shanco, I see you picked the best color...N'joy!

shanco likes this.
  5. GeeCee

GeeCee Member

Congrats Shanco - even if you got the 2nd colour;)! Mine stays on Dynamic, no other way!

shanco likes this.
  6. Bazza Beemer

Bazza Beemer Well-Known Member

Welcome Shanco. Another Canuck owner yeahhhh! Watch out for those OPP guys.

shanco likes this.
  7. Andy Griffiths

Andy Griffiths Well-Known Member

I s'pose if we're all bored of the Granista/Lupin debate we could now start a Dynamic/Road/Rain argument ...
    Welcome Shanco

James Kennedy and shanco like this.
  8. OKBMW

OKBMW Active Member Contributor

That's one good looking bike, Enjoy!

shanco likes this.
  9. James Kennedy

James Kennedy Active Member

That would be a good conversation.

Andy Griffiths likes this.
  10. pockomoth

pockomoth Member

Congratulations!

11. SauRoN

SauRoN Well-Known Member

Congrats!

I feel your pain, waiting until the 13th of June for mine still.

shanco likes this.
  12. Grumpy Goat

Grumpy Goat Well-Known Member Contributor

Sweet pictures of Grump's cousin. :) Thanks for sharing. I just don't know how the Lupin folks can look at the Granite Grey and thing that the Lupin is the better colour scheme ... ;)

I would strongly consider getting non-BMW heated vest. There are equivalents or maybe even better vests out there for the money. BMW gear is good but overpriced. I don't need the logo on anything other than the bike, and even then, I did not buy it for the logo. :)

shanco likes this.
  13. Grumpy Goat

Grumpy Goat Well-Known Member Contributor

It already started ... :)