No customization options are available.

Falco boots

Discussion in 'Helmets, Leathers, Boots and Gloves' started by Alda, Dec 12, 2016.

1. Alda

Alda Active Member

Anyone using or had Falco footwear? Reviews seem favourable but prefer personal experiences if possible
    Alan

2. Jeroen1969

Jeroen1969 Well-Known Member

I ordered them last Saturday, so I will be able to tell you first hand somewhere next week. What made me order them? Apart from the reviews I read, this first hand experience in an English motorcycle magazine I stumbled over last week:
    [​IMG]

I like the price... Was thinking about Sidi Cobra GTX, they are just under double the price of the Falco boots and look rather similar...

3. Jeroen1969

As you can see, those toe sliders that are replaceable on the Falco boots are most likely not a luxury for me to have on my next pair of boots:
    [​IMG]
    Picture above shows my current pair of boots, Alpine Stars, Goretex. Lasted 4 years, put some 80.000 km's on them. Did some hiking on them in Scotland and Germany. And stood on them during the U2 concert in the Johan Cruyff ArenA (more commonly known as the Amsterdam ArenA) last Sunday...
    Reason for replacement: no longer entirely waterproof... From the looks of them, I can't really blame Alpine Stars for that.

4. To and Fro

To and Fro Active Member

20170806_180402.png I have these "Shiro" shoes from Falco. They have all of the elements of a good motorcycle shoe but in a less substantial way than say Rev-it Taylor shoe. However they are half the price. I like them for light duty.

5. Jeroen1969

OK, I got my fresh pair of Falco Oxygen 2 about 3 weeks ago. Looks like an improvement: comfort just as good as the Alpine Stars but I get the feeling goodies like the pads on top of your feet for shifting the gear will last longer/wear less.
    [​IMG]

Done some 4.000 kilometers now. Including a rather wet ride through quite an impressive rain shower. Socks were completely dry. Something that I could no longer take for granted with my old pair of Alpine Stars. With the € 179,- I paid, I believe I got good value for money.
    Someone on this thread mentioned the boots fit rather tight, I agree. Thanks to that comment I decided to order a (European) size 44 in stead of 43 (I have these complicated feet, sometimes they like to have size 43, other times they prefer 44...). Zipping the left foot zipper up goes quite easily, the right one requires some more strength. Either my right lower leg is thicker or the right boot is a tad slimmer.
    Should this thread still be active a year from now, I will post my long term review.

6. To and Fro

To and Fro Active Member

Thanks for the review. My alpinestars smx-5 has deformed beneath the upper shift lever pad so I've been considering the Falcos. Are they insulated enough for cool/cold weather?

7. Jeroen1969

Hard to tell now. There is some sort insulation in the boot. I reckon riding the boxer, I won't get too cold feet since the feet sit pretty close to the warm/hot cilinders. On top of that, during winter I ride my RT that has quite some Tupperware, even around the cilinders, reducing cold airflow around the body, legs and feet.

Should my toes freeze off during next winter with these boots, I post that here!

To and Fro likes this.