No customization options are available.

Exhaust and ECU upgrade

Discussion in 'Exhaust System & Fuel Delivery' started by RSraider, Apr 17, 2017.

1. Bunter

Bunter Active Member

I've looked at a lot of their before dyno curves and decided not to use them. For a full system to be legal it should comply with the original emissions test the bike was sold with. A full system won't have a cat so will not match the OEM pipe and therefore will not be legal.

2. andybima

andybima Member

I had a full system on my s1000 and it passed 2 mot's at BMW dealers so not worried about that side of it,more interested in getting the fuelling right as I believe it will be running lean,my local dealer told me they use hilltop but I don't know anything about them

3. Bunter

Bunter Active Member

Passing an MOT is not the same as being road legal.

4. andybima

andybima Member

5. shorn sheep

shorn sheep Active Member

In this thread is some discussion about reflashing the ecu and includes some before and after dynos from hilltop and the usual bs.
    http://r1200rsforums.com/threads/dynojet.3248/
    Never heard anything negative about these guys, just a lot of people saying how good they are, was looking on the Aprillia forum the other day and several Tuono v4 owners raving about how much better the fueling and performance was after a reflash at Hilltop. I'm hoping someone will get an eu4 2017 r1200rs done there and report back as I was keen on buying one but have heard they are down on power compared to the 2015/16. I would definitely make any exhaust changes first before getting the remap. If you were worried about warranty or legality you could just do what I did and remove the cat from the stock system - nobody will ever know!

6. andybima

andybima Member

Been to see a guy today with a gs who's got a full remus fitted and remap done by hilltop,have to say I'm impressed by the remus and as far as I could see there's no springs connecting the headers like the akra,looked neater,couldn't praise hilltop enough and says the bike rides 100% smoother and he flat spots are gone so soon as warrantys up in 8 weeks I'll look into it more

7. andybima

andybima Member

By the way shorn have you noticed any improvement with the cat removed and has the flat spot at around 4K gone/got better if indeed yours had one,mines really bad at around 4K

8. shorn sheep

shorn sheep Active Member

Unfortunately I hardly rode mine before decatting it and I fitted an accelerator module at the same time so I can't really say if it's any different but it doesn't have any flatspots or snatchy fueling, it seemed to be smoother after doing that work on it. I remember it felt a bit stifled originally and was way too quiet for my liking. With the cat and flap removed and the stock muffler it sounded much more healthy but sounds even better with the arrow muffler, I reckon a reflash would be the icing on the cake

9. andybima

andybima Member

Mine runs terrible around town in 2nd and 3rd gear a real dog,my s1000 was ten times better to the point where if I can't sort the rs I'll be going back to the s1000 even tho my wife hated it.

shorn sheep likes this.
  10. Bunter

Bunter Active Member

That's odd my my2017 is fine around town although I tend to put it into rain mode even if dry when the traffic is really start stop

11. Bunter

Bunter Active Member

Here's a video showing the gains which were made on a Euro 4 R1M by tinkering with the ECU. 9 bhp and 6 lbs.ft mid range and 4 bhp at the top end.

shorn sheep likes this.
: Exhaust, ECU