No customization options are available.

Euro 4 End Can AC Schnitzer

Discussion in 'Exhaust System & Fuel Delivery' started by JohnnyRocket, Sep 12, 2017.

1. JohnnyRocket

JohnnyRocket Member

Attached Files:

2. roger coleman

roger coleman Well-Known Member

did you look at GPR?

3. JohnnyRocket

JohnnyRocket Member

am going to wait until there is more choice... no 2017 Euro4 GPR I have seen yet...

4. shorn sheep

shorn sheep Active Member

Why does it have to be Euro 4 compliant, who is going to know? The 2017 bike has the same exhaust system as the 2016

Leon.P. likes this.
  5. Leon.P.

Leon.P. Well-Known Member

Spot on Mr Shorn Sheep. Who would know the difference!!?:).

6. JohnnyRocket

JohnnyRocket Member

I dont want any warranty issues further down the road.... BMW dealers could not confirm/deny if the exhaust silencer is identical to the 2016.. lots of exhaust parts in front of it are different (ie 3 way Cat) ... if it was the same... the end-can sellers would list it... along with the 2015 -onwards... but they list their silencers 2015-2016 and some then list a different one for 2017- on... in the case of AC Schnitzer the 2015-2016 model is a few hundred more expensive... which seems a bit odd to me.. I'm off to europe in two weeks.... the French Police are particularly strict regarding EU compliant parts...Under French Law you even have to carry your own Breath Test Kit...for them to use on you!! I expect the rules are less strict down under... you lads are in a more relaxed and chilled country! :)

JR

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  7. Phillo

Phillo Active Member

I'm so happy I where I do :)

8. Leon.P.

Leon.P. Well-Known Member

France seems to be very strict on some matters and yet so chilled and relaxed on others.o_O:rolleyes::confused::(;)
    Just ride your bike the way it is now and I am sure that those manufacturers will have it all sorted out in the next 2-3 Months.
    You may even have a choice by then. Have a good trip John.:):)

9. shorn sheep

I think that is true about the difference in regulation enforcement for various parts of the world, things are a lot more relaxed here. This subject - the differences between 2017 and 2015/16 models, is something I have been looking at as I originally intended trading my 2015 on a 2017 (when they get here!) For example the exhaust camshafts have different part numbers so it looks like the valve overlap has been altered to reduce emission readings. I would not be surprised if as mentioned the cat was altered slightly as well for the same reason but I reckon the mufflers are probably identical (could be checked on the online parts fiche). What I would do is gut out the cat and fit an aftermarket muffler then get the ECU reflashed (same as I have done on my 2015). If the EU thing was a concern then engrave 'EU4 compliant' on the muffler where Mr French cop can see it. We shouldn't just give in to ridiculous regulations that stifle performance and make our bikes sound like sewing machines.:cool:

Leon.P. likes this.
  10. Marcos

Marcos New Member

Here's mine - sounds great - and looks far better than the big chrome thing IMG_1728.JPG

11. Buba

Buba New Member

I doubt the exhaust (stock) is the same in 2016 as in 2017 as is sounds a lot different. I owned both.
    You could look through the 2016 model one but you can't in the 17 model.
    Also, if you do mount an EU3 exhaust on a EU4 bike, avoid the bike hotspots in Bavaria, as there are specialized police units looking for illegal bikes...

12. shorn sheep

According to the BMW parts fische for RS's produced from June 2014 to may 2017 the header and mufflers are the same. I have a 2015 and you can't look through the muffler, they are chambered, all you see looking in there is darkness:)

13. m1bjr

m1bjr Member

Hi John,
    There is currently no penalty for non compliance, was destined to be EUR11 but that fine was shelved. So don't waste your money :)

14. NeilKate

NeilKate New Member

I have that exact exhaust (except Euro 3, OK here in the US) on my 2016 R1200RS; perfect so far. Great looking and only loud at redline. A few backfires (some like this) when shifting in lower gears, but switching from ROAD to DYNAMIC mode takes care of that.

15. m1bjr

m1bjr Member

That's just a re-branded REMUS with a bigger price tag. Have a look on YouTube.
    Quite a few good sound clips of the REMUS. One I would consider too.
    One difference with the aftermarket EU4 approved pipes is they prevent baffle removal by fixing the screw - like Akra do with the 'approved' versions. ACS list removable baffles on the <2015 and the >2017 version. BIG price difference however...?

16. NeilKate

NeilKate New Member

599 Euros is not a bad price for this AC Schnitzer/Remus exhaust; it is a quality item.