No customization options are available.

Dynamic/user mode

Discussion in 'R1200RS Tech and Performance Chat' started by Graham63, Nov 4, 2017.

1. Graham63

Graham63 New Member

I have just fitted an Akrapovic exhaust and have been playing around with the baffles and different riding modes. I’ve decided to keep the baffles fitted as gives a nice deep sound without being a hooligan (that’s what my other 2 bikes are for). The interesting thing I have noticed is that in the dynamic engine mode, I’m getting a real nice popping sound when I shut the throttle, which I don’t get when in the road mode. My understanding is that the all the engine modes do is change the throttle response and not the fuel mapping, so I quite surprised it is having this impact. Consequently I’m leaving it in the dynamic mode.

Andy Griffiths likes this.
  2. Andy Griffiths

Andy Griffiths Well-Known Member

I noticed the same whenI had mine fitted - does not encourage sensible riding :rolleyes::):):)

Leon.P. and Graham63 like this.
  3. Graham63

Graham63 New Member

:)
    My wife did say when I got the Akra, that she thought this was meant to be my sensible bike. I obviously don’t do sensible very well:)

Leon.P. and duccrazydave like this.
  4. boxter

boxter Active Member

My RS pops when the throttle is closed while in dynamic mode and mine has standard silencer on.

Ged

Grumpy Goat and mrj like this.
  5. Brimstone Mahone

Brimstone Mahone Well-Known Member

Mine does as well. To be honest, I don't know what it does re popping in the other modes; I switched it to dynamic about 5 miles after leaving the dealer when I bought it a year ago and that's the only mode it has ever been in ever since. ;)

Grumpy Goat, mrj, Leon.P. and 2 others like this.
  6. Graham63

Graham63 New Member

7. Graham63

Graham63 New Member

I left mine in Road mode whilst running it in and have only properly tried the dynamic setting yesterday. But like you, I thinks that’s where it is going to stay:)

mrj and Leon.P. like this.
  8. Andy Griffiths

Andy Griffiths Well-Known Member

Dymanic is good fun, I think I can notice a difference between that and Road in the harshness of the throttle response so I use Road a fair bit

9. boxter

boxter Active Member

I tend to use road setting in town as it makes the bike less snatchy and smoother, dynamic doesn't feel as good in town so just use in the sticks.

Ged

darrell likes this.
  10. Phillo

Phillo Active Member

I switched to Dynamic engine mode & suspension after 1st service and that’s where it stays :)

11. mrj

mrj Member

Apart from the "pops" (it pops much more in dynamic), I don't see that much difference between road and dynamic: it may be the main difference is in how the DTC is set? There's more difference between rain and road modes.
    I've configured user mode for dynamic with road DTC and I use this when not in road mode (just for the pops I like ;-)).
    When on twisty roads and want some sport, I switch to dynamic or user, with dynamic ESA conf.

Graham63 likes this.
  12. Grumpy Goat

Grumpy Goat Well-Known Member Contributor

So does mine. I like the sound of the Akrapovic exhaust better than the standard, but I also have no issue with the standard exhaust, so I can't justify the change. Will just have to wait until it has to be changed.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2017
  13. Graham63

Graham63 New Member

I’ve set my User Mode up exactly the same, which I will probably use most of the time.

mrj likes this.
  14. Graham63

Graham63 New Member

I’ve just taken my 1198 out this afternoon, which I’ve not riden since picking the RS up. I now realise how smooth the RS is in all modes and how easy it is to ride!

mrj likes this.