No customization options are available.

Denali Sound Bomb

Discussion in 'Parts & Accessories' started by Richard Judd, Dec 18, 2017.

1. Richard Judd

Richard Judd New Member

Has anyone fitted the split Sound bomb to an RS, and if so where did you place the parts?
    Yes I have tried the search but only came up with Grumpy Goat fitting the combined unit in place of the original horn.

I want to keep the original and add the sound bomb

2. Grumpy Goat

Grumpy Goat Well-Known Member Contributor

Actually mine is the split SoundBomb. The horn unit is what is installed close to the where the original horn is located, while the compressor is mounted down low and forward of the left cylinder head.

ray2 likes this.
  3. Richard Judd

Richard Judd New Member

Sorry about that

4. Allan "redfox"

Allan "redfox" Active Member

Now this topic pops up want to ask you, there wasn't any space left up there for the compressor (where it's not visible) ?

5. Grumpy Goat

No there was no space left, since the headlamp housings protrude too far back into the space. That said, it one were challenged to fit it all up there sparing no expense in time and aggravation, it can probably be done best by more disassembly and by using a standard SoundBomb (non-split type) and fiddling with custom bracket etc.

6. Allan "redfox"

Allan "redfox" Active Member

I'm always happy with any challenge and aggravations don't grow inside of me when there is a possibility of an beautiful technical solution!

Grumpy Goat likes this.
  7. kenf

kenf New Member

Regarding the Denali Sound Bomb Compact Dual Tone Air Horn, is the RT-LC the best choice for mounting within the area of the oem horn? Or, is there a better alternative for Denali mounts to be used?

Thank you in advance.

kenf

8. Richard Judd

Richard Judd New Member

I'm going to try fitting them behind the radiators. I have the MachineArt Light bars http://www.nippynormans.com/machineart/bodywork/machineart-mark-2-light-bars-r1200r-lcrs-lc and will make up a couple of brackets from the light bar mounting holes

9. Dadda

Dadda New Member

I gave up trying to mount the sound bomb anywhere on the bike. Even cramming it in where the original horn sits was too tight. So, I put my sound bomb back in the box and stored it away for some other bike I'll buy in the future, and then simply installed a 115dbl Fiamm to replace the stock horn. Not as loud as the sound bomb but still a very big improvement over the stock one. First bike I've owned in a very long time where I couldn't install a sound bomb.....

10. Grumpy Goat

I take it you did not get the split version ....

11. Aussie Import

Aussie Import Well-Known Member

The very first mod. I did to the RS (within 2 days of taking delivery) was to mount a pair of FIAMM horns. At the time I unplugged, but left in place, the std horn. It has since been removed. I mounted the dual horns from the frame bosses just under the radiator, bell mouths facing down and just inboard of the bottom trailing edge of the triangular side panels.
    Power to the relay is on a fused circuit from the battery.
    I use a dedicated earth straight back to the battery as on my previous BMW installations I occasionally had corrosion issues earthing to the frame.
    The relay is switched by a Nippy Normans horn connector.
    Had I wanted aux. headlights I would use the Hex EZ Can. As I just changed the lights themselves to HID (low) and LED (high / flash) no additional hardware outside wiring and mounting was required.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  12. Dadda

Dadda New Member

nope. have the same sound bomb I've used over the past three bikes.

13. Grumpy Goat

OK thanks. Yes, the compact SoundBomb is not a good option for fitment in the original horn space.