No customization options are available.

Dallas/Fort Worth

Discussion in 'USA Southwest Riders' started by SirRevzalot, Sep 22, 2016.

1. SirRevzalot

SirRevzalot New Member

Hi all,

I'm a Lewisville-based (new to the brand) BMW rider who frequents the Plano shop on Avenue K for service and tire kicking. If anyone is looking for an excuse to go ride with a small group, it's me. Do we have any other D/FW-area folks lurking on the forum?

2. Strommer

Strommer Active Member

I'm in north Fort Worth (near Cabela's) and picked up my RS last month from Denton. It would be cool to get a DFW group together.

SirRevzalot likes this.
  3. Kyriv

Kyriv Active Member

If we get a large enough group, I'd be willing to ride over there from Shreveport. The north Dallas BMW shop treated me well when I was there to get the bike serviced. I don't there there are many riders here.

Strommer and SirRevzalot like this.
  4. Hotboot

Hotboot Active Member

I am 3 shifts away in Highland Village, howdy. I do morning rides to the only good curves we have around here and try to be home before traffic builds and the idiots wake up. 455, 523, 697 in Sherman and the occassional St. Jo run. We should have an RS meet and greet.
    I dig the Denton shop, bought the black shadow from them in May and have enjoyed every mile.

5. Strommer

Strommer Active Member

We're almost neighbors!

I love those roads and ride them frequently. Also 901/902/428/922. I make a monthly run through St. Jo and Muenster as well. Thats the ride I took the day after I bought the bike last month, up 677 to the Red River and into OK.

I'm only home three days a week but when I am all I want to do is ride and usually up for anything. I hope we can put something together soon.

Attached Files:

6. Hotboot

Hotboot Active Member

Did the St. Jo blast this morning, 922 is straight as an arrow and good for top speed testing. If that is a Nelson Rigg tail pack we are two twinkies on a plate.
    I mounted the MRA windscreen otherwise... you have awesome taste in motorcycles. Perhaps a TWT Pie Run or mutual time off will allow an introduction.
    Turned 8000 miles today, hit the rev limiter in 2nd and eliminated many bugs in the process.

7. Strommer

Strommer Active Member

Wish I would have known. I could have met you somewhere along the way. Yes on the Nelson Rigg. Great little tail bag I bought for my GSXS. I've since put the Puig sport wind screen and will be ordering their touring screen soon for the colder weather along with a set of Barkbusters. ... I'm big with TWT and go on as many rides as I can with them. I'm Ron Stroimmer over there.

I have 2300 miles my first month but haven't gone anywhere near the rev limiter, lol.