No customization options are available.

Coming to the end of season...

Discussion in 'USA Northeast Riders' started by Mr. 36654, Oct 1, 2017.

1. Mr. 36654

Mr. 36654 Well-Known Member

The week started off unseasonably hot, near 90, but ended in the low 60's for highs. Nearly froze in my drafty mesh jacket on the Sunday ride and realized that only a few weeks remain in the season.

But, crossed the 9,000-mile mark and feeling pretty good about the bike.

2. Leon.P.

Leon.P. Well-Known Member

You head into a winter and we are heading into summer.Our winters are mild enough not to stop us riding unless there are heavy rains. Our summers can be a problem.Temperatures up in the low 40's which does stop most of us from getting out.Different problems down under with similar results. No riding.:(:(

3. GordonH

GordonH Well-Known Member

No "season" here......weather is uniformly "grim" throughout the year.........just kidding............

Number9Cloud, boxerboy, Bravo and 3 others like this.
  4. Grumpy Goat

Grumpy Goat Well-Known Member Contributor

We're now getting into the nice weather from the hellish hot/humid summer. Travelling to DC today and glad I remembered to check the weather and then pack a jacket. Last time I did that I was travelling to the Baltic in April with no jacket. Had to borrow one or stay inside!

As for riding, SWMBO is now getting more comfortable now (she hates wearing the jacket for the heat but appreciates my AGATT rule) so she will likely come out more for a Sunday ride - went yesterday.

Leon.P. likes this.
  5. Number9Cloud

Number9Cloud New Member

I took out my winter gloves and the thermal linings of my jacket and trousers from their summer sleep place in my cupboard last night. I only miss a ride on a day when there is ice on the road. I think it was only two or three days last winter.

Leon.P. likes this.
  6. Mr. 36654

Mr. 36654 Well-Known Member

Two weeks later and the weather is warmer (mid-70's) but many cloudy/gray days. Not much rain, just gray.

Ran some errands and found enough reasons for a 200-mile ride. I wanted bagels. None of the local supermarket bakeries have a boiler to do the job correctly, so I needed to ride the supermarket with the correct equipment. Trust me, boiling the dough, then baking, makes a bagel. No boiling, gives you a round dinner roll.

But, back to the ride, considering the nice Summer we had, the foliage is a disappointment. No vivid colors and many trees are just slipping from green to a depressing brown. Fall 2017 - IMG_0879.jpg
    Last weekend was poor for weather, drizzle and gray, but I attended a local all-brands MC meet-up, called the Moto-Hang. It was quite good with about 30-bikes (perhaps, more) in attendance. Actually, chatted with some MC folks I haven't seen in more than 20-yrs. That was good.

Leon.P. likes this.