No customization options are available.

Colorado Rides!

Discussion in 'USA West Riders' started by sjouflas, Jun 13, 2016.

1. JStClair

JStClair Member

Anyone avail for weekday rides? I am looking at doing three days to knock out some more passes on my list.. head up thru Estes Park then across to catch a couple off 40, down 139 to Fruita, hit Rim Rock drive then 92 thru Black Canyon and on home, maybe jog on 149 depending on time and weather... most likely first week of Aug.

Looks like its going to be a 3-day, Aug 1-3
    Stay in Walden and Fruita
    Check off Milner, Cameron, Willow Creek, Rabbit Ears, Gore, Wind River, Muddy and Douglas passes, as well as Rim Rock Rd, Black Canyon, Grand Mesa and whatever other twisty little roads I can find in-between.
    There are a few other passes along the way but I have already hit them prior, so they don't count... LOL.

That will leave me with 2 last ones to do down South on SH 17. 43 total paved and named.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
    Goss1 likes this.
  2. darrell

darrell Well-Known Member Contributor

I just finished riding 2200 miles covering 23 passes and riding to the top of Mt. Evans. It is somewhere between my 20 - 25th ride to Colorado in the past 40 years. I never get tired of the great riding state so many of you have outside your back door. The roads are in as good of shape as any place I've been the past couple of years. After a week in Utah I'll be back in Colorado to catch a final 3 passes before meeting my wife in Steamboat Springs where her parents live and then back to the flatlands of Minnesota over Labor Day weekend. image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

sjouflas, Lee, Goss1 and 1 other person like this.
  3. runnerhiker

runnerhiker Well-Known Member Contributor

Hi Darrell, that's a lot of riding, I 50% envy you! Great pictures!

4. Goss1

Goss1 Member Contributor

Shot on out to "K's" in BV last week.
    Arkansas watershed. Leadville.
    IMG_1306.JPG

darrell, RonS and Lee like this.