No customization options are available.

Classic TT

Discussion in 'Ride Reports' started by Andy Griffiths, Aug 27, 2017.

1. Andy Griffiths

Andy Griffiths Well-Known Member

The Isle of Man TT is well known to most bikers. There has always been a second festival in late August/September. It was known as the Manx GP but has now morphed into a classic bike meeting followed by the Manx GP which is like a clubman's version of the TT. I have not been to the Manx since 1982 and have ventured back this year.
    What a great event. The atmosphere is a bit less full on than the TT and there is a bigger variety of machinery on the streets. Bruce Anstey pulverised the field in the Junior with a 120mph lap on two stroke 250 GP bike . Josh Brookes likewise in the Senior so Australia and NZ were well on top. And then we had a Britten going round in the Jurby parade laps. And we've still got tomorrow's racing to go !
    P1140284.jpg P1130464.jpg P1130867.jpg

2. wessie

wessie Well-Known Member

Peter Burridge, Richard230 and ray2 like this.
  3. Graham Lewis

Graham Lewis Active Member Contributor

great photos when I was there in 2014 and 2016 (main TT) my photos had half a bike or no bike at all. going next year so following year will be the Manx/Classic

4. Andy Griffiths

I share your pain Graham, thank God for digital:). I actually find it better to use a slower shutter speed ( say 125th) and pan correctly , plus shoot at the right place. Brookes was at Signpost, Bruce (bit blurry) much quicker at Hillberry.

Graham Lewis likes this.
  5. Andy Griffiths

P1140363.jpg P1140372.jpg Couple more shots from the last Classic TT day . This is Braddan Bridge, about 1 mile from the start and a nice view point in the Church yard with refreshments provided by an army of volunteers.

6. Bravo

Bravo Plenty in the tank. Contributor

Now watching it on the telly.

7. Andy Griffiths

Forgot to set my recorder :(
    Daily Telegraph have called it one of the best motorcycle events in the world !! I was reflecting that I went to Goodwood Revival a couple of years ago £35 per ticket for 1 day.It was really good but a bacon sarnie was £6 and it was all geared up for well to do types . The IOM on the other hand is for the man in the street (me). Bacon sarnie £3 and the whole Jurby festival was £5 entrance, so I think the Telegraph may well be right.

stuart2820 and Bravo like this.
  8. wessie

wessie Well-Known Member

a
    although, to go to Hampshire, you aren't going to be fleeced by a ferry company...

9. stuart2820

stuart2820 Active Member

Have to concur. I was there for six days, atmosphere was fantastic and the amount of beautiful old classic bikes was astounding.
    Jurby festival was a great day out.
    Most surreal moment goes to the last night sitting in the Railway Inn drinking my new favourite ale - Easy Jack. We were watching No Limit with George Formby on the big screen when a group of about twenty drunk Germans walked in and we all cheered on George winning the TT - I might have actually shed a tear :rolleyes:

Andy Griffiths and Bravo like this.
  10. Andy Griffiths

D'you know I reckon Im going to buy a copy of that film now, saw an excerpt in the Duke marketing booth and laughed out loud

11. Vtbob

Vtbob Well-Known Member

Nice! If I get a chance to come back the this Isle of Mann, it thing it will be to the TT. A little less crowed ( I hope) and I would love to smell the castor in the air again.