No customization options are available.

Chris Mullins Tyres, Gloucester

Discussion in 'R1200RS Tyres/Tires' started by wessie, Sep 11, 2017.

1. wessie

wessie Well-Known Member

I'm off on a wander next week and will need new tyres after the trip. I have contacted my favourite tyre dealer in Gloucester, UK. Chris replied after I asked about Z8 prices as a direct replacement and his best priced pair in the right size:

Chris Mullins <chris.mullins@chrismullins.co.uk>
    [​IMG]
    Hi Dave
    Good to hear from you
    If you went for the Metzler Z8 they would be £220inc fitted or the Avon in the Storm 3D XM would be £195inc
    There if new versions of both these tyres now also … Mezt Roadtec 01 £280inc a pair or Avon Spirit ST at £250inc a pair
    Hope that helps
    Chris

I have had Avon Storms on my Tracer and they were excellent, so that is what I have asked him to get in. Price is ride in, drink coffee, watch TV, ride out.
    http://www.chrismullins.co.uk/

boxerboy likes this.
  2. boxerboy

boxerboy Well-Known Member

Hi Wessie, not so convenient for me, but a nice price reference, thanks.

3. Leslie

Leslie New Member

Hi Wessie, seems the prices you have been quoted are pretty good. I have just had Metz Roadtec 01's fitted for £312 at HGB tyres in South Ruislip. I rode in to have them fitted and it would have been a bit cheaper to have them fitted to loose wheels.
    I previously had PR4's fitted, which were good and I just wanted something different. I've just returned from a trip to Scotland and the R01's were brilliant in the wet and dry. I did spend a lot of time pontificating over which tyres to buy and reading every review I could find, but in reality, in my experience, there are all good and I'm not sure I could tell the difference between them in the real road riding world!

To and Fro likes this.
  4. wessie

wessie Well-Known Member

and the Avons were fitted this afternoon - only rode home so they have had 1 heat cycle without any heroics.

Metzeler Z8 had done 7500 miles - comments for the BMW service technician ashad the service this AM - rear squared off, front out of shape as the one side has worn more than the other due to road camber.

Will report on the Avon performance in due course. Hope they work as they are made just down the road in the adjacent county.