No customization options are available.

Carpathian 2 Wheel Guide

Discussion in 'Readers Rides' started by James Herne, Jul 11, 2017.

1. James Herne

James Herne New Member

After a number of months of delays I have finally managed to import my motorcycles into Romania and get them registered here. I had been driving them on Bosnian plates since we moved here last September but these registrations are now expired so I needed to get them registered in Romania. That now makes it much easier for me to get out and do some riding. Last year I found a guide to motorcycling in Romania called Touring Romania (www.caerpathian2wheelsguide.com). This guide book has 28 one and two day rides in it that cover the most interesting parts of Romania for motorcycling. And, last month I finally had a chance to get out and start doing all of these tours by doing the two tours that are the closest to Bucharest (where I live). These were Tours 10 and 11 and I have to say that I am now looking forward to doing the rest of the tours. After doing a motorcycle tour I usually put together what I call a "Ride Report" which is an 8 page pdf file with mileage records, maps, elevation charts and a series of pictures from the rides. I have a Zumo 660 for the route and track data and a Contour+ helmet cam for video and still photos which help me to put these reports together. I just prepared Ride Reports for these two rides and they are attached here. I have also attached the map of Romania that is in the guide book which shows the routes for all of the 28 Tours included in the book. I hope you find these enjoyable and enlightening...

Attached Files:

Marek, darrell, MrVvrroomm and 2 others like this.
  2. MrVvrroomm

MrVvrroomm Well-Known Member

We're planning on riding Romania next summer

3. Leon.P.

Leon.P. Well-Known Member

Nice 1 James.:)

4. James Herne

James Herne New Member

If there is anything that I can do to help you plan your trip, let me know. There are a lot of nice roads and regions in Romania for riding and the Touring Romania guide is a good source of ideas and routes. Jim

5. James Herne

James Herne New Member

Thanks for the comment. I'm looking forward to doing more of the rides over the rest of the year. Hopefully I can post a few more Ride Reports in the coming months. Jim

6. Kev

Kev Member

Hi James
    The correct address is "carpathian, not "caerpathian"
    Great link anyway.

7. James Herne

James Herne New Member

Kev, Yes you are correct. I did not use spell checker and did not notice the error before I posted it. I'll try to correct the mistake. Thanks for the comments on the reports. Jim

8. James Herne

James Herne New Member

I see you are a resident of Minnesota. I lived in Roseville between 2001 and 2008 and was a fairly active member of the BMW MOCM. Maybe we have met before at some point? Jim Herne