No customization options are available.

Booster plug vs power commander

Discussion in 'Exhaust System & Fuel Delivery' started by lj516, Jul 8, 2015.

1. JStClair

JStClair Member

Our modern ECU still just uses the O2 sensors to tell it when to go on closed loop. They are not used for the tune at all. A PCV will use them to adjust, based on the AFR you dial in.

2. lacemi

lacemi Member

AFR?? PCV?? I dont understand nothing.

3. JStClair

JStClair Member

AFR = Air Fuel Ratio
    PCV = Power Commander V, w/auto tune. Tunes the motor to reach a pre-set air fuel ratio

4. lacemi

lacemi Member

:rolleyes: perfect, I am understand all.

5. lj516

lj516 Active Member

Not true at all. The power commander and all corresponding modules for the RT or GS with our wet head motor work perfectly. I've got one meant for the gs and my auto tune is for a Harley. I've used maps from both bikes too. The UK power commander website has the RS listed and using the GS hardware

6. lj516

lj516 Active Member

The pcv requires that the stock o2 sensors be disconnected. If using autotune then the stock sensors are replaced with wideband sensors but never interface with the bike's ecu. A basic tune is always used and that adds or subtracts from the stock fuel curves using a table of throttle position vs rpm and positive or negative numbers to determine fueling at that point. When the autotune is added you sill use the table but you can then set AFRs for the bike to aim for and as it's ridden it learns what the table should be set at in order to meet those goals without the intervention of the autotune.