No customization options are available.

BMW System 7 helmet

Discussion in 'General R1200RS Discussions' started by DJBee, Jul 22, 2017.

1. Bunter

Bunter Active Member

I've recently started wearing glasses while riding and was looking for a replacement for my Shoei XR1100. I've never considered a flip front lid before but it seems to solve the putting on glasses issue (thoughts welcome please).

The system 7 is heavier than my Shoei but light for a flip front so I'll look at it next week at the bike show. Any opinions on noise from this lid would be welcome too.

I especially like the infinitely adjustable sun visor as it allows you to use it like a sun visor in a car, shading the eyes rather than looking through it. Last year at the NEC when I asked a Shoei guy whether their lids with visors were like that I got a blank look - obviously not a rider.

I won't buy one until it gets Sharp tested though.

Bill

2. Phillo

Phillo Active Member

In which case resign yourself to never having one...

Jodie Goodall likes this.
  3. oscarguitar

oscarguitar Well-Known Member

I wear glasses under a Shoei GT Air. No problem.

4. dragan

dragan New Member

It seems that system 7 communication can not be paired with other riders, just with the pillion in 10 meters range??Is it true please?
    My Sena 20s can with 8 helmets.

5. Brimstone Mahone

Brimstone Mahone Well-Known Member

"I especially like the infinitely adjustable sun visor as it allows you to use it like a sun visor in a car,"

FWIW, I have two modulars with sun shields - a Shoei Neotec and an Airoh (don't know the model) and both sunshades can be moved to any position you want it. Other modulars I have tried on that had sunshields did the same.

As far as modulars, I really like them, BUT (there's always a "but," isn't there? ;)) the weight tends to make my shoulders rather sore after a couple of hours. Obviously, more riding would tend to build up the necessary muscles but a lighter helmet is much more comfortable for me. Sadly, modulars being what they are, they can't compare weight-wise to a non-modular of the same construction simply due to the weight of the two major sections, the mechanism to operate it, and (if present) the sunshield. But I so much prefer modulars over the full-facers I used to wear (until about two years ago) that I wouldn't go back to a FF helmet. For that matter, I prefer the feel of an open helmet but, after years of wearing FF/modulars, I feel "exposed" with an open though I often think about buying a Davida for riding my Commando... ;)

Bunter likes this.
  6. Bob Ain't Stoppin'

Bob Ain't Stoppin' Member

Is this the same helmet is the SCHUBERTH C3 PRO? We don't get the BMW system stuff in the states.

7. Brimstone Mahone

Since the BMW system 7 helmet is made in Italy, maybe the same helmet is available in the US under the Italian (or some other) name. Sadly, I have not yet seen WHICH Italian company makes it... :(

8. Dave

Dave Well-Known Member

Just checked out the system 7 - 62/63 (yeah! large head) and compared to my system 6 -
    1680g (advert quotes 1580 for small size case) + or - 50g on the 62/63 system 7
    The system 6 helmet I have is also marked as 1680g + or - 50g
    I would have thought 'carbon' would mean lower weight but I guess all that extra mechanism has an effect.
    So - unless you want to unclip the front/open face use, would it be better to buy a new, reduced price system 6?

Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
  9. Stef

Stef Active Member

AGV.

10. Brimstone Mahone

11. Stef

Stef Active Member

12. SauRoN

SauRoN Well-Known Member

I can be persuasive.

When that doesn't work I am also relentless and they'll be talking to the CPA about a refund sooner rather than later...like the last dealer that sold me a shit helmet.

13. Phillo

Phillo Active Member

Good luck with that sort of attitude buddy..

Jodie Goodall likes this.
  14. DABs

DABs Active Member

"The BMW Motorrad communication system also enables communication from motorcycle to motorcycle. Depending on the conditions, the system is capable of communications over distances of up to 100 meters, with slight limitations to the audio quality. If the connection is interrupted due to greater distances or poor conditions, it will be automatically restored when the distance between the parties is small enough again."

15. oscarguitar

oscarguitar Well-Known Member

Hmm! Sounds like my SENA U10. Up to 4 units I believe. And fits inside the helmet.

16. Bunter

Bunter Active Member

By the way, the Sharp helmet test people have a request a helmet test function on their website.

17. SauRoN

SauRoN Well-Known Member

No attitude problem here.

The attitude problem is with people expecting you to fork over money for very expensive items without the ability fully test them first. And if that's the case that's fine too...but then they must support a decent refunding setup.

Most online shops do just that without a problem, so it's time brick & mortar catch on to the idea of more sales with some comebacks, or no sales at all.

18. Phillo

Phillo Active Member

No comment !

19. Jodie Goodall

Jodie Goodall Member

Sorry have no idea yet as the communication system still not available.

20. SauRoN

SauRoN Well-Known Member

Us Generation X's (almost borderline millennials) have a very different view on how the world works and/or should work over you Baby Boomer folk.

But guess was...we are a product of the wrongs you did the world. :)