No customization options are available.

BMW R1200rs front mudguard

Discussion in 'R1200RS Appearance Mods' started by Blue Ears, Dec 7, 2017.

1. Blue Ears

Blue Ears New Member

Anyone got one of these, front mudguard 294001 by Pyramid plastics. Found this on Ebay replaces the whole mudguard with an extended version, only black. Might solve the front of the motor issue, don't know how it would look.

2. Bravo

Bravo Plenty in the tank. Contributor

Buy an Avant Guard instead mate,they're a bit pricey but better. Those elongated mudguards and extenders look so awful Keith Harris should have his hand up their arse.
    Welcome aboard :)

boxerboy and Stick Rockwell like this.
  3. Aussie Import

Aussie Import Well-Known Member

I am sitting here tonight in temperate Melbourne having ENJOYED the daily grind home in the wettest conditions I have had for more than 2 years. The RS is FANTASIC in the wet conditions. There was so much water that cars were throwing up wakes on the freeway that looked like surfing "tubes"! The RS is so stable and steady, traction control, ABS, rain mode.
    Vision was an issue at dusk. It was very restricted on the freeway, maybe 200 meters with the rest greyed out by the rain and the mist thrown up by the cars.
    The one thing that was inadequate was the front guard, but at least my summer boots got a full wash, inside and out, in about 1 k. At least it is tolerably warm-ish.
    The RS is such a good bike...

Jim Evans, Peter Burridge and Leon.P. like this.
  4. Vtbob

Vtbob Well-Known Member

FWIW
    After a lot of chatter on this blog about the front RS fender being to flimsy to hold a fender extender so I bought the Avant Guard because they are a great company( I have their head guards and rear inner fender). I did not like it.
    Yes it fully covers the front of the engine well but it looks ugly to my eyes.

In the end i did buy a plastic fender extender (sorry forgot the brand)..enhanced the way it was glued on and am satisfied with how it works. While the BMW fender does flex I've had no problem...including many runs over 100mph and one 145mph indicated(135 gps).

Jim Evans likes this.
  5. buntsb

buntsb Member

Same here glued fender extender on two years ago no problems and does a good job

Jim Evans likes this.
  6. Stick Rockwell

Stick Rockwell Member

To my eye I'll have to respectfully disagree with Vtbob on the Avant Guard. The thought of extending the stylish front fender to protect the engines casing doesn't seem like the way to go to me. I acquired the Machineartmoto.com cover and not only was it a quality product and fit but a breeze to install. The texture and color compliments other BMW body covers very well and as I have their covers for the LC heads the theme looks like a natural fit. The engine guard is so much simpler to clean as well. Engine running temperature was unaffected on my test run today ( Leon. P., I did get out solely to test the product today). For my money, I like the overall benefits of the MaMo Avant Guard. Stick.

Attached Files:

Dave likes this.