No customization options are available.

Bike Trackers

Discussion in 'UK Riders' started by Tigger, May 15, 2017.

1. Tigger

Tigger New Member

As anyone got or suggests or experience with any Bike trackers as with all the bike thefts going on i thought i ask on here after spending £14 grand on a bike a extra £500 ish would not hurt and will help with insurance cost two.

2. Aussie Import

Aussie Import Well-Known Member

It's a crappy way to live when you have to protect your stuff from crims because the justice system doesn't make theiving unattractive.

Last and To and Fro like this.
  3. DABs

DABs Active Member

4. steviegasgas

steviegasgas Member

https://www.abax.co.uk/
    They do a good system and are quite cheap, app comes with it and you can look to see where the bike is or has been, so dont be going round the nice blonde in the next village!!!!

Bravo and To and Fro like this.
  5. AVFCBaz

AVFCBaz New Member

Got the Rewire TK102, all wired in to bike's battery. Comes with a spare battery too. Easy set up and excellent support from Rewire. 40 quid on Amazon and you top up the SIM every 3 months. Works really well using both GPS text and their app on iPhone.

6. Number9Cloud

Number9Cloud New Member

I have the expensive Trakking (Datatool) option fitted when I bought the bike. Easy to use and they phone you if the bike moves without the ignition on. I had a call when I took the bike for its service and forgot to tell the tracking company .

7. swedkg

swedkg Active Member

How did you get it wired? Isn't CANbus complaining about it? I wrote them an email and I'm waiting for them to get back, I just hope it works for us leaving in continental Europe as well.

8. ray2

ray2 Well-Known Member Contributor

My wife is a pretty good bike tracker, but she is not for hire.

There's a thread on GPS trackers from June - prior to Jezzer's thread announcing the first stolen RS....
    http://r1200rsforums.com/threads/gps-tracker.4055/

I use the Scorpio Ride, and I have posted a few times on this. Mostly, it allows the wife to keep track of my wanderings - but it is a great security device that incorporates GPS with geofence and shock and tilt sensors. Siren and microwave perimeter sensor optional. It communicates to your phone/email/website and allows immediate access to bike location for law enforcement agencies when you activate an emergency through your phone.

It also records rides/trips.

So far, fairly happy.

There is a European/British plan available and an upgraded version that I'll probably invest in this winter.

E.g., see a prior post in the thread on security-lock-options.
    Link here - http://r1200rsforums.com/threads/security-lock-options.2325/#post-32103

CORE
    [​IMG]

SIREN, REMOTE, and PERIMETER SENSOR

[​IMG]

9. swedkg

swedkg Active Member

Has anyone any opinion on the DB1 from Rewire Security? It looks like it is a rebranded Teltonika-FM1110 but I haven't been able to find any real users.

10. swedkg

swedkg Active Member

How long does the battery last? Since it is wired to the bike's battery does it mean that it is constantly charging even when the bike is not running?

11. ray2

ray2 Well-Known Member Contributor

Updated my system. This was posted elsewhere on the forum about a month ago. http://r1200rsforums.com/threads/what-have-you-done-to-your-bike-today.1375/page-53#post-70840

I took out the original Scorpio Ride GPS/Security system and installed the newer (larger) version to make sure all the room under the seat was fully utilized.... (Seems like I used to store a lot of useful stuff there in years past before the electronics took over. No wonder my right pannier has filled up with tools.)

[​IMG]

Not shown is the microwave perimeter sensor I have stuck on a flat spot next to the tank molding, under the front of the saddle.

The RFID antenna communicates with a smart/2-way transmitter that now does all the programming of sensitivity and such.

It also has a good size cellular antenna for direct communication with my smart phone and the Ride website where my wife can keep track of my whereabouts (and make sure the parties are over by the time I get home).

12. AVFCBaz

AVFCBaz New Member

Unplugged the tracker battery lasts for a couple of days. I tend to leave it connected to the battery (direct, not Canbus) and it has been ok connected for over a week. If I know I'm not riding I disconnect or remove usb charging lead and change the battery (you get 2) every couple of days and charge at home.

swedkg likes this.
  13. Brian63

Brian63 Active Member

http://www.secureautotrack.co.uk
    Had a presentation from this company
    Some of my friends have had these fitted and are very happy with them.
    Please Note I have connection personally with them and i do not receive and benefits from them.
    Brian

ray2 likes this.