No customization options are available.

Baglux/Bagster

Discussion in 'Parts & Accessories' started by Ian2004, Nov 22, 2017.

1. Ian2004

Ian2004 New Member

Hi - on my gorgeous old R1100S I had fitted a Baglux tank cover. It was ordered from somewhere in Wales, but I can't seem to find that site on the 'net, nor can I find any company that seems to offer the colour combinations to match my blue/white R1200RS LC.
    Has anyone fitted a tank cover to their bike ? If so, what make and how well did it fit ? I ask as the Baglux on my old bike wasn't all that smoothly fitting, and constantly slipped no matter what I did compared to my Firestorm one which was rock solid - possibly because it had a proper tank whereas the R1100S was only fitted to the plastics around the tank. Sorry, I've rambled on.
    Has anyone got one fitted to a new R1200 ? Please let me know your thoughts.
    Many thanks.

2. Mel Bishop

Mel Bishop Member

Yep, I have one on my blue/ white RS, Baglux do it, you need to warm it in the airing cupboard before fitting. It has five straps and four hold down pockets at the front. It is very secure, same white and silver as the tank.

3. Andy Griffiths

Andy Griffiths Well-Known Member

4. Mel Bishop

Mel Bishop Member

5. Mr. 36654

Mr. 36654 Well-Known Member

I'm a tank cover guy and I've sported the Bagster product (White and grey) on my Lupin Blue 2016 since new.

6. PaulB_UK

PaulB_UK Member

With all my previous bikes, I used a Givi Tank-lock bag. Just needed the correct ring to fit around the fuel cap for each bike.

Then I got a GTR (Concours) and because that has a storage compartment in front of the fuel cap I couldn't use the Tank-lock system so was pretty much forced into using Bagster/Baglux cover and bag system.

Even though the Bagster tank cover was secured by 4 existing fairing bolts (plus a safety strap round the headstock) the whole lot never felt as secure as the Givi system; the tank cover also had tightening straps which needed constant attention.

Also, removing the bag when getting fuel is a real fiddle, especially with a large loaded bag; trying to lean over the front to undo those catches. The Givi bags unclip easily with one hand.

So, having used both, I'd go for the Givi Tank-lock system without hesitation. Plus there's a big cost saving between the Givi ring and the Bagster cover.

Plus, the Givi bags I've had have been waterproof, whereas the Baglux bags have had a clear plastic cover which goes over the bag rather inelegantly.

Cheers

Paul B.

7. Ian2004

Ian2004 New Member

Thanks - all of those replies are really helpful.
    Could any of you that have the Baglux post some photos please to show how the bag secures to the tank ?
    I know I'm being really particular, but I was quite disappointed with the fit on my last bike - at the rear/side of the tank area it just seemed to hang open.
    Many thanks.

8. Mr. 36654

Mr. 36654 Well-Known Member

Ian,
    Are you concerned with securing the bag or attaching the cover to the bike? I made some attachment loops (D-rings) that mount under the forward wings/ears of the seat to anchor the rear straps from the cover. For a bag, I use the 10-liter Cortech bag which mounts to the forward plastic buckles. At the rear, some 3mm bungee chord attaches to the square metal loops on the cover.

It works for me. But, I also remember when a down coat was something you made from a kit sold by Frostline.
    Tank Bag.png

9. Ian2004

Ian2004 New Member

It's the fit of the cover to the bike that I'm concerned about. I see in your photos that the fit looks good and snug all around, which wasn't what I had last time. The lower rear edges were loose fitting due to the curves of the tank/fairing. Every time I wanted to fill up with petrol I had to ease the cover up/down a little to allow access to the filler. Yours looks much better. Thanks for the photo.

oldbikemart likes this.
  10. wessie

wessie Well-Known Member

Tony's Bikes in North Wales was the importer but he retired. Importer is now Motolegends as posted above.

There is an ebay seller http://stores.ebay.co.uk/NativeViking?_trksid=p2047675.l2563 that often sells Bagster stuff a bit cheaper than Motolegends.

I used to be a big Baglux fan but have had the same problem as you describe. I have since discovered the Tanklock system with either Givi or in my case, Kappa bags. It is so easy to swap the bag from one bike to another and the adapter ring is a lot cheaper than a new tank cover.

oldbikemart and PaulB_UK like this.