No customization options are available.

Back to the CA DMV to fly in 2020

Discussion in 'Off Topic Section' started by Richard230, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Aussie Import

Aussie Import Well-Known Member

I have no detailed knowledge of Britex, or even the EU. but my "IMPRESSION" is that the impact of the EU goes beyond Free trade and goes to the core of national identity and interest. If I were voting, I would have scrapped the EU in a heartbeat. To think that British soldiers could be prosecuted for doing their duty is abhorrent.
    I. as an Aussie, owe a debt to forum members, such as Slipstream, for their service. I never forget that.

2. Mr. 36654

Mr. 36654 Well-Known Member

If my reading is correct, more ANZAC troops were killed by British Officers (summary executions) during the Boer War than in combat. As a result, Australia& NZ refused to place their troops under direct British command during WW-I or WW-II.

Of course, given the mission of attacking the trenches on the cliffs of Gallipoli.............

3. Aussie Import

Aussie Import Well-Known Member

Don't forget that Gallipoli was not planned. It was a SNAFU as the British navy landed the troops at the wrong place. The Lord of the Navy was Winston Churchill. Old Aussies, such as my own late mother, and my wife's late father, hated Chuchill as a result.
    The Brits were seen as being quite happy to slaughter Colonials.
    These once firmly held views are not widely held these days.
    Aussies find other ways to abuse the Poms.
    Just remember Aussies are not biggotted, they hate every other bastard equally.

4. Mr. 36654

Mr. 36654 Well-Known Member

It wasn't that many decades ago that getting a non-anglo engineer / professional into Australia to work on construction projects was a major hassle. Screw the project schedule, the person had to leave on the departure date, if the work permit was granted in the first place.