No customization options are available.

Arkansas May 2018 RS Owners Ride-In (May 6 - 10)

Discussion in 'USA Midwest Riders' started by darrell, Nov 4, 2017.

1. Bub

Bub Active Member

I would have been there about October 20th, but that doesn't fit your time frame. I also rode 341 that week, great road. Route 9 going south to Mountain View is also really good.

2. Dejocko

Dejocko Member

I appreciate the offer and courtesy but if my night in St. Louis is anything like it was last year... I probably won't be getting to sleep until after 3AM so I doubt I'll be leaving St. Louis until 10AM at the earliest and stopping in Mountain Home the following night. I would probably anticipate me being there at the ride in only for dinner Monday night and part of a Tuesday ride.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
    ray2 likes this.
  3. 86Magna

86Magna Member

I'm in and my reservation is made!
    Had to cancel this year because I had the dates of my son's graduation from college mixed up. They've been having graduation weekend on Mother's Day weekend for years. But wouldn't you know this year they changed it. Not something I wanted to miss. He graduated with a masters in embedded systems. Very proud of him. He was the first in our family to get a masters.
    Excited to be able to join next years group.

ray2, terry847, darrell and 1 other person like this.
  4. darrell

darrell Well-Known Member Contributor

Chris, thanks for joining us. Your information and well as your buddy Lance on the K1300S has been added to the summary in post #1.

5. Spratz

Spratz Member

Liz and I really enjoyed the ride-in and meeting everyone at the 2017 ride-in. We had to leave a day early to get back home in time to then drive to Iowa to pick up our son from school. I'm afraid we won't be able to make it to the 2018 ride-in, as we have to pick him up from school on the same weekend. Enjoy!

darrell likes this.
  6. darrell

That's a bummer. Enjoyed having you there.

Spratz likes this.
  7. Grumpy Goat

Grumpy Goat Well-Known Member Contributor

Agreed. Enjoyed meeting you and Liz first of all the others in the Ride In, and the first ride you and I shared together.

Spratz and darrell like this.
  8. runnerhiker

runnerhiker Well-Known Member Contributor

I am going, just made my reservations, looking forward to it.
    I am 815 miles away in Niwot CO (very close to Boulder), and I hope to get better weather than last year. I had to leave CO one day early to escape a snow storm, then sit in Wichita KS an extra day waiting for flood waters to recede. But hey, wild horses couldn't keep me away!

Ron

9. Bub

Bub Active Member

I just made my reservation and look forward to seeing familiar faces and meeting some new ones. For those sitting on the fence about going, last year was a good time and it's a fantastic area to ride.

Grumpy Goat and ray2 like this.
  10. darrell

Glad you decided to join us. We already have one more RS in 2018 than we did in 2017. Plus now over half of the 19 rooms are reserved. Hopefully someone brings the wide angle camera lens so we can get all the bikes in one picture. Your information has been added to the first post.

Bub likes this.
  11. DonT45RS

DonT45RS Member

I am tentatively planning on joining you guys. I am headed out to visit my old riding buddy Steve in Lubbock TX and Eurika Springs is nicely right along the way. I also just discovered that I was looking at last years date of April 30 vs May 6, and that helps me a lot since I will be returning from a Georgia Airstream Caravan on April 20th or so and now have plenty of travel time. I will be traveling with my service dog, and she has not done any cross-country travel but has done 100 mile days okay. I have therefore planned the stops at not more than about 200 miles and most of the stops for two or three days to allow for bad weather and also to have a very leisurely camping trip, mostly staying at KOAs.
    I am going to check with the hotel once they open on March 1 to see if they accept service dogs. According to my info, the ADA act requires them to accept bonafide service dogs, but if not, I will stay at the nearby KOA or find another hotel.

The weather has been dicy here but was 50 F today and I got in about 100 miles on my new RS. I tried to run down to Buzzards Bay for lunch on the water but kept running into rain along the coast so never made it to lunch but had a nice brisk ride. In my Klim suite 50 degrees is cool but comfortable so by the end of April my travels west should be a nice ride barring rain. I'm 72, have not ridden much in the past 10 years, so plan on being very cautious and avoid most / all of the rain. In any case, depending on lots of variables, I can always re-route or turn back in worse case.
    Distance to Eurika Springs is 1544 Miles..

Robert the Brews, darrell and ray2 like this.
  12. darrell

We’d love to have join us Don. When you speak with Robert at the motel about your service dog, if he is not able to accommodate you ask him if his friends motel right next to ours accepts animals. There are plenty of motels close to the one most are staying at. There are a couple of other potential attendees who mentioned earlier in the thread they might be camping as well. Keep us updated.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
    DonT45RS likes this.
  13. ray2

ray2 Well-Known Member Contributor

Like the way you think. Would be great to meet you.

Grumpy Goat, DonT45RS and darrell like this.