No customization options are available.

Anyone Going to the Rally in the Gorge in Hood River, OR

Discussion in 'USA West Riders' started by darrell, Aug 8, 2016.

1. darrell

darrell Well-Known Member Contributor

http://www.soundrider.com/rally/

I'm riding out from Minnesota spending 8 days touring in WA, OR and northern CA before arriving at the Rally in the Gorge. I'm camping there 4 nights, Wed - Sat. If you are there, look for the blue/white RS with MN license plates and stop to say hello.

2. Stixx

Stixx Active Member

Hey Darrell , I think I met you at the Das Rally a few weeks ago, and now you are riding out to Oregon. That is on my list of to do's . Which Rally is this one, I did not hear about that one.

3. darrell

We did meet. And yes I'm going West now. Open the initial line in my post to get all the details. I've not been to this rally but it looks like fun and lots of things to experience I've not experienced at the 22 BMW MOA National Rallies I've attended. Gives me someplace to ride in August as had nothing planned for this year.

4. Stixx

Stixx Active Member

Indeed, I do recognize your picture now, we had a conversation about your GPS mount and such. Are you planning on riding all way out there and around solo ? And out of curiosity where in Minn are you leaving from and when .

5. darrell

I've committed to a young couple on their first long ride to lead them to Portland, OR over a 7 day period all on 2 lane roads and prepare the route for their ride back without me. They are excited for their first long trip. After those 7 days I'm on my own sight seeing, visiting 2 nephews an evening each and attending the rally. Making the ride home in 5 - 6 days all on 2 lane roads as well. Leaving some time later this week from the Minneapolis area.

Roadscum likes this.
  6. JWMcDonald

JWMcDonald Active Member Contributor

If you are departing from Minneapolis, have you given thought to at least a partial Pirsig Pilgrimage (the route followed by Robert Pirsig in "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance") at least into Oregon ?

Being from the San Francisco Bay Area, I followed his route last September, staying on secondary / 2 lane roads for the vast majority of the trip.

7. darrell

I've not but I'll look in to that as this will be likely my 10th trip to the west coast (did the Olympic area of WA last August) so always open to some new roads.

8. JWMcDonald

JWMcDonald Active Member Contributor

9. darrell