No customization options are available.

Another Carole Nash joke.....

Discussion in 'UK Riders' started by boxter, Nov 16, 2017.

1. boxter

boxter Well-Known Member

Just received my renewal with Carole Nash, it has gone up by over 200%, unbelievable, and they won't say why, just that it's a different bike.
    Hang on, last year was a 2016 bike, 6 months old , same value and spec, this one is a 2017 6 months old same spec !!!!
    Have CN lost the plot, do they not want to insure BMW,s anymore

Last year £212
    This year £475

I have heard members on various forums slagging off CN and I have defended them,

NO MORE

Ged

2. m1bjr

m1bjr Active Member

SOP with all insurers since the boom of the Meerkat.
    Its expected you will move.
    If you don't you are penalised.
    Been this way for some years now.
    Steve

boxter likes this.
  3. boxter

boxter Well-Known Member

The underwriter that CN offered was Aviva, I have insured with Aviva direct for £150 less.

Im beginning to think the days of the insurance broker has gone, direct is best.

Ged

4. roger coleman

roger coleman Well-Known Member

Insurance is a big scam with fraudulent operating practices. its about the gov started investigate, its the next ppi scandal to hit

5. wessie

wessie Well-Known Member

CN has not been competitive for me for last 2 years, after over a decade with them. I have insured my bikes separately as premiums for a multi-bike policy were higher. My RS is insured by Aviva via a broker (Saga trading as Bennetts) and the Explorer is direct to the underwriter, MCE.

6. hic2wo

hic2wo Member

I find them impossible to deal with but confess to calling them every year at renewal just to hear what ridiculous quote they give , last year they wanted to know the post code for the car park at my work and when i could not give them it it would cost another £150 .My friends policy has just tripled with another years no claims . He also uses the same secure car park . I have been using BMW insurance the last few years but this year felt another injustice when changing bikes mid term.

7. Leslie

Leslie New Member

For the past four or five years I have been receiving ridiculously inflated renewal terms from either CN or Bennett’s, sometimes following a phone call the premium is reduced but usually I switch between the two each year. Having worked in the insurance industry I completely understand their strategies - although I do not agree with it.

Direct insurers and brokers are always striving for new business. They need to be competitive in their choosen market (their chosen market will evolve and change - often quite quickly) and the premiums quoted for new business will be attractive. Now more often providers are offering other incentives (like breakdown cover, legal expenses or helmet and clothing cover) to attract new business.

When it comes to renewal, firstly computer generated terms are provided with little or no personal input - until the policy holder contacts them. Then if they can they will look at the risk and may offer new business terms. However statistically and historically they will rely on the policyholders apathy and their auto renew facility. Also watch out for the add ons you enjoyed at new business stage - they can sometimes change at renewal.

Anyway what I’m saying is that now there is absolutely no loyalty with insurers either recognised or rewarded. Renewal time is just a time wasting game where you need to go online and find a provider that wants your business on that day. Do be aware of all their add ons and terms and conditions because knowing what you want and don’t want can influence the premiums quite significantly.

Oh and of course the premiums will only ever increase - which is another subject

8. Dave

Dave Well-Known Member

I use Post office for insurance, 2 bikes on policy.
    https://www.postoffice.co.uk/motorbike-insurance
    Lower cost, 30 days Europe included, and £175 excess rather than the £500/600 I was quoted on some, including bmw motorrad
    Still connects to same Essex call centre that other companies use?

9. adam2

adam2 New Member

Carole Gnash doubled my multi bike insurance 2 years ago because of the Ducati 1198 I own. When I told them to shove it, they miraculously lowered it to withing a few £ of the previous years premium. They were obviously taking the mick and I asked them why they thought I was employing them as a Broker? I then told them to shove it again, and reinsured elsewhere. I'll never deal with them again.

10. wessie

wessie Well-Known Member

PO insurance is provided via Devitt, the Essex broker. They also administer the BMW scheme. You will get different prices from BMW, Post Office and Devitt direct, even though the same person might answer the phone. Each scheme will have different underwriting criteria, profit margins etc.

Dave likes this.
  11. Yoda

Yoda Active Member

Every year I get a renewal quote from Devitt (BMW scheme) at a ridiculously inflated price. I go on to the Devitt/BMW site and buy exactly the same insurance for much less, then cancel the renewal.

Sideshow Bob likes this.
  12. Sideshow Bob

Sideshow Bob Member

That’s exactly what I did last year - it wouldn’t let me do it this year and wanted me to call them which if anybody has had the experience of hanging on the phone for them because they have to be understaffed - I just wasn’t prepared to do - so I just cancelled and went with Bennett’s
    I think because it was brand new and with luggage the value was over the threshold

Will try them again on line next year though

13. Leslie

Leslie New Member

Good call Yoda - I’ve never tried Devitt BMW scheme - I’ll give them try at renewal

14. wessie

wessie Well-Known Member

This "value over the threshold" is something I encountered when acquiring a second bike - separate policies were a lot cheaper than a single multi-bike policy. Only 2 underwriters would give a price on the multi-bike policy. I think some underwriters need to reassess their criteria. A £15,000 motorcycle was considered exotic just a couple of years ago but seems to be quite common now and a full dress K1600 will be £25k. These prices are peanuts compared to the price of cars they routinely insure.

15. Yoda

Yoda Active Member

I have to say that my car insurer (M&S) seem to have cottoned on to this - they wouldn't give me a quote online as I already had a policy pending renewal with them :(

16. wessie

wessie Well-Known Member

Use an alias with same details then phone up and challenge the renewal price - I have done this with C Nash in the past but their prices are now so far out of the ball park I have given up on that tactic. This was more useful when I wanted the included Euro breakdown cover on older bikes. Now I have 2 bikes covered by the makers' schemes that extra is of no value to me (cash value would be about £60-70 for a separate policy).

17. GordonH

GordonH Well-Known Member

Just had my annual renewal through from CN......£580 for my multi bike policy......an increase of around £400 on last year.......they explained that the underwriter that was used last year is no longer quoting for this type of business.

Got some other quotes and ended up with PO Money (thanks Dave) at £238 for a multi bike with like for like cover.......a £350 or so difference and worth the 45 mins spent on web and phone this morning!

Dave likes this.
  18. Graham Lewis

Graham Lewis Active Member Contributor

this year the best deal for me with the add ons i wanted was bennetts