No customization options are available.

Amalfi coast run

Discussion in 'BMW R1200RS Forum Announcements' started by roger coleman, Jun 4, 2016.

1. roger coleman

roger coleman Well-Known Member

Apologies for posting this in the wrong section, my bloody tablet thinks this is where it should go. I left my on Sunday, dodge French fuel strikes, and have got to Pompeii. I'm doing a run round theAmalfi coast tomorrow, things multi Rome to collect wife and head back home. Will be away25 days all told. Bike perfect, so far, the pic is taken after 10 mile tunnel under Gran Sasse .
    Near rome

Attached Files:

ray2, Richard230 and boxerboy like this.
  2. Vtbob

Vtbob Well-Known Member

What a great ride to be doing on the RS!

I've driven it a couple of times but always in cars. It is good that you are doing before tourist season really starts

3. boxerboy

boxerboy Well-Known Member

Sounds fantastic, enjoy the remainder of your trip, great photo !

4. reitsmjo

reitsmjo Member

Did that in a car in 09. Swear I will never drive in Italy again. Mirrors on every corner, listen for horns which mean they are coming right at you, on your side of the road around a blind corner. Great fun!!

5. zoidburg

zoidburg New Member

Did that same journey in a car last yeah on holiday with the Missus. Loved it but id want a smaller rental car next time for less heart stopping moments. Would be better on a bike but there was still too much traffic to really enjoy it even than I think.

6. roger coleman

roger coleman Well-Known Member

Traffic was horrendous, it turned out I did it on some festival or other and everyone and his fog was there, including the local Ducati kamikaze club, knee down around bend, helmet inches from wall, engines screaming, glorious nutters

ray2 and boxerboy like this.
  7. boxter

boxter Active Member

I was in Sorrento 3 weeks ago and the area is the beautiful, the last time I stayed there 7 years ago I hired a car, big mistake no where to park and the local drivers are lethal, this time we went entire on trips, saw more and less stress,

Ged

8. Sandyfalcon

Sandyfalcon New Member

i notice you removed those silly stock plastic bits down below the cylinders....looks good. what are those things?