No customization options are available.

Akraprovic headers

Discussion in 'Exhaust System & Fuel Delivery' started by Moggy, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Rocky R

Rocky R Active Member

Here's a little more info on the filter, which is a gauze/mesh High flow filter: http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?prod=BM-1113 It says no remapping necessary when just changing the filter, however in conjunction with a freer flowing exhaust you will need enrichening and that's why I went with the Booster Plug. You'll love the way it runs!

2. James Kennedy

James Kennedy Active Member

I installed the slip on mainly for the sound. How much of a difference do you find with the full system workup?
    On a side note, I did a demo on an XR yesterday. Very impressive. Just a 30 minute demo but was real impressed. Power & breaking were superb. Very agile, much quicker handling than the RS, and really smooth. Much smoother shifting and the quick shift worked even better than ours. Did not find any of the vibrations and negatives you've read about. Very smooth. My wrist got sore from working the throttle. 50 to 100 is now. Make me wonder how many people that bad mouth it have ridden it. It was suppose to be stiffer than the RS & I found the opposite. That bike just eats potholes and bumps up and spit them out.
    Fantastic motorcycle but a different bike than the RS.

3. Strommer

Strommer Active Member

You actually felt a noticeable a difference with the Booster Plug? I'm contemplating.

4. Rocky R

Rocky R Active Member

The Booster Plug in combination with the exhaust and air filter, definitely.

5. Strommer

Strommer Active Member

Well I decided to go with the Leo Vince from Revzilla and hopefully it will be here by week's end. I also ordered the K&N filter and booster plug. Being that I'm not swapping the headers out yet, I'm not sure I will feel a difference but I'd like the mixture richened up a bit with the K&N just the same.... assuming the BP does what the manufacturer claims, no way to really tell. When Dynojet puts out a PCV for the RS, I will get one and then swap out the headers.

6. woolf

woolf Active Member

Just a note : the RS has been use on 3 DIFFERENT DYNO's and the READINGS are the same on 2 and 1% MORE on the 3 . Interesting thing is on one on the runs the RS had a DB KILLER & BOOST PLUG intsalled with No change ( on my bike) . Also one of the DYNO's that was used is the same that most of the magazines use :cool:

James Kennedy likes this.
  7. folagana

folagana Well-Known Member Contributor

it is another evidence of the impact of the EURO regulation! ( lean mixture lambda>1)

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
  8. James Kennedy

OF COURSE

9. whitegloss

whitegloss New Member

Could or would bmw enrichen the bikes map as opposed to booster plugs etc?

James Kennedy likes this.
  10. James Kennedy

I wouldn’t know. I however am sure they could. I know they could but due to emission standards, particularly the EU standards, I’m sure they wouldn’t. Had my bike visit a dyno after the header installation and no adjustments to the fuel mixture were required. I am still using the stock BMW air cleaner. Bike runs great too