No customization options are available.

Akrapovic

Discussion in 'R1200RS Tech and Performance Chat' started by Andy Griffiths, Jul 21, 2015.

1. MaxMobilis

MaxMobilis Member

You will get approximately the same top BHP but some improvements in the midrange, looks and sounds just grate. Quiet when gentle on the throttle and a really nice sound when twisting the throttle. I am very satisfied.

2. Turboarrow

Turboarrow Member

Massive torque increase?

Attached Files:

3. gros.tony

gros.tony Member

Hi guys,
    As I have a good opportunity to get an akrapovic with a great discount, I will order one this weekend on a German webshop.
    I think i've seen somewhere here that there was a problem with some carbon shields and center stand?
    I don't find any different ref for bike with or without center stand, even on Akrapovic website.
    So do you think the carbon shield sold with the aftermarket model will fit my bike with Centre stand?

Thanks in advance!

4. Ole

Ole Member

I think there is two different part numbers - one if you have the centerstand and another if you dont.

5. jamesgarnor

jamesgarnor Active Member

The carbon cover is the same with or without a centre stand. Fits with BMW or Akrapovic headers.

The issue has always been if you order the can from BMW it turns up with no cover and no hardware.

I'm still waiting (from last July) for my genuine hardware.

gros.tony likes this.
  6. gros.tony

gros.tony Member

Thanks jamesgarnor!

7. gros.tony

gros.tony Member

So just ordered mine :D

For those who are thinking about one, there is a warm up voucher on the german webshop louis.de.
    The code 129 will gives you 20% discount. The final cost for the akrapovic slip on will be 791€ wich is the best price you can find on the web.
    Discount also works on several items such as huger, bags etc..

Tails likes this.
  8. gros.tony

gros.tony Member

Just fitted on mine :)
    Some pics before

[​IMG]

and after

[​IMG]

What a sound and style improvement! A lot louder but not too noisy, a litlle test ride has confirmed that it seems to be liveable, to be confirmed on a longer trip.
    Easy to fit and carbon cover is compatible with central stand. I love the color scheme of the sticker, lot better than the bmw lazer inscribed (personnal opinion).
    Only removing the baffle was touchy, I ve lost my 8mm socket in the carbon end cap and have to remember my youth when I was playing with this to get it back :D
    [​IMG]

Little tip, scotch your socket on your screw driver ;-)

Got a vid with sound before and after if someone is interested but don't find it reflecting reality, difficult to sense the sound level improvement.

lacemi likes this.
  9. Rocky R

Rocky R Active Member

Have you replaced the air filter to increase air flow since your muffler is capable of more air flow? To maximize the performance of the muffler a freer flowing air filter will definitely help.

10. gros.tony

gros.tony Member

Not scheduled yet. Maybe when I will have to replace it I will upgrade with a KN or similar.

11. gros.tony

gros.tony Member

It's certainly better in perfs than original but for me a bike exhaust is over all for sound and design. I have enough power like that.
    However, why do without so next replacement will be in this way ;-)

12. runnerhiker

runnerhiker Well-Known Member Contributor

I have no desire to replace the OEM muffler on my bike, at least for now. A slip-on replacement is mostly appearance with minimal weight and performance gains. A complete exhaust with headers is going too far for my taste, plus too loud. I think I'll stick with OEM for now.

13. woolf

woolf Active Member

I have the Akrapovic on my RS and it came with the CARBON FIBER cover for my BMW dealer .

14. Alda

Alda Active Member

Why isn't there a factory option for the akra'? That way the cost of the standard unit could be offset against it.
    Profit, I suppose.
    Alan

woolf likes this.
  15. SPL

SPL Active Member

Could be seen as BMW supporting its dealer network by not undercutting them on optional accessories?
    I bet the dealer margin on the bikes is pretty low compared to the after-market goodies...

16. Roger

Roger Active Member

On my K1300S the Akrapovic was another £800 odd pounds, ie the price of a new one. it is fitted by the dealer not the factory! so you do not get anything deducted, and if your don't ask for the original, they'll chuck it on the pile of others in the workshop corner! I know all this because I have asked the same question.

17. Eric van der Valk

Eric van der Valk Active Member

I have the complete Akra system on my RS. The Carbon shield fit only with the standard headers, with the Akra headers only the rvs heat shield will fit which comes with the titanium headers.

James Kennedy likes this.
  18. jamesgarnor

jamesgarnor Active Member

I have a full system, the heat shield supplied with the can fits with the new headers and the standard headers.... no heat shield was supplied with the Akrapovic headers.

19. Roger

Roger Active Member

AK - RA - PO - VICH (like Rich with a Vee)
    There Rich, now you can go and get one, They're really good with a large hole right through the middle! I just have to pluck up the courage to spend knocking on £800 for something I don't need now! lol

Zoomie likes this.
  20. woolf

woolf Active Member

Don't need ? But wantOTE="Roger, post: 18300, member: 246"]AK - RA - PO - VICH (like Rich with a Vee)
    There Rich, now you can go and get one, They're really good with a large hole right through the middle! I just have to pluck up the courage to spend knocking on £800 for something I don't need now! lol[/QUOTE]
    Don't need , but want ! Go for it .:eek: :rolleyes: :cool: