No customization options are available.

Akra on back order

Discussion in 'Exhaust System & Fuel Delivery' started by AVFCBaz, May 16, 2017.

1. Julian Greaves

Julian Greaves New Member

I have had an Akrapovic (BMW HP Euro 4 model) silencer on order here in the UK since May and I am told by the dealer that it is due to be delivered to BMW in Germany on 26th June and will be with them in a further week or two (early July). I'll post pics/impressions once I get my hands on it.

2. Buba

Buba New Member

Just digging this thread up with a bit of info.
    I was curious if the HP4 Aura Exhaust is any different from the black one I have. On a German BMW Forum a nice guy with an EU4 R12R has the HP4 variant and we exchanged the numbers on the TUV Report, aka the EC Typ or allowance.
    All dates and numbers match, so the HP4 variant is the same exhaust without the black paint. This might be interesting for some who wait for the HP4 thinking it is a more genuine part. I guess its just down to personal preference/style/looks.

Take care, greetings from Bavaria

Julian Greaves likes this.
  3. Lennart

Lennart Member

Nothing heard from my BMW dealer yet :(
    I had hoped for my vacation to have a akrapovic euro 4 outlet under my RS

4. Julian Greaves

I collect mine from the dealership in an hour or so. Not long now!

5. Julian Greaves

Well it was worth waiting for. The HP Akra is a very easy install, using the supplied hardware for the carbon heat shield and a supplied circlip and the existing BMW fittings to the footpeg mount. The sound is not necessarily louder, but sharper and 'fuller', which is just what I was looking for. 'Rortier' was the verdict from my teenage son. At speed it's inaudible, as wind noise is dominant, so its at it's best at town speeds, pulling away and arriving. For the first time ever, two kids leaned into the road and shouted "rev it, rev it", to which I was happy to oblige. It's not RJ's Super Duke, but still very nice! The 'pob pob' sound on the overrun in dynamic mode is suitably enhanced.
    You can look through the exhaust easily, which isn't the case with the chrome one and the bike feel's 'freer', but that may just be psychological. I don't think the published data on the non-HP exhaust claims a particularly significant increase in the giddy-up department and BMW make no claims for increased power for the HP, but it feels a little better to me anyway. To my eyes, it looks way more aesthetically-pleasing than the chrome can. Highly recommended, although 900 notes for the can and heat shield is a little eye-watering!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
    Bravo likes this.
  6. Buba

Buba New Member

The non painted one looks great on the blue bike!!
    But I disagree about the sound. It's way louder to my ears ;-)

7. Julian Greaves

I'm sure you're right, Buba. I'm probably a bit deaf: too many disco's in the '70's!

8. Lennart

Lennart Member

Finally my akrapovic euro 4 is at the bmw dealer :D:D:D
    Pick up and assemble this weekend
    Am very curious about the sound :cool:

9. Lennart

Lennart Member

Akrapovic outlet mounted
    Looks really nice
    And he sounds even better :D:D:D:D:D

Also a new rear tire
    The Metzler Roadtec 01
    The metzler roadtec z8 was worn after 6500 km :(:confused::eek:
    Just got back from a holiday motor trip through Europe

20170813_151901 (2).jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
    Mark likes this.
  10. ALBERT

ALBERT New Member

I bought the blak one

[​IMG]

JohnnyRocket and Mark like this.
  11. Yorkzzr

Yorkzzr New Member

Finally got the Akrapovic fitted, first impression is, its improved the sound, it's not deafeningly loud it just has a deeper more throaty tone. If I had to choose between Grunt, Snarl, or Roar I'd say Snarl!!

It really comes into its own under some load, and sounds great when quick shifting. It also seems to have released more bottom end power (although that could just be me psychologically trying to justify the outlay)

I also think it's improved the looks, I'm not a big fan of chrome so the titanium and carbon looks much better than the original.

If you're thinking about getting one and looking for the best deal make sure you ask if the carbon heat shield is included in the kit, seams that is it is with some but not with others, and the list price is over £100

IMG_6026.JPG IMG_6025.JPG IMG_6024.JPG IMG_6023.JPG IMG_6015.JPG

Mark likes this.