No customization options are available.

Akra on back order

Discussion in 'Exhaust System & Fuel Delivery' started by AVFCBaz, May 16, 2017.

1. AVFCBaz

AVFCBaz New Member

Ordered an Akrapovic when I bought my bike on 14th April. Collected bike on 22nd and was told the Akra would be another two weeks and my dealer, Blade, would fit on first service. Booked service today for 24th May and they told me the Akra won't even be in the country till mid June!!!! Is there a problem or am I being had over?
    Baz

2. Lennart

Lennart Member

I have the same problem for my new 2017 R1200RS
    I'm also waiting for my akrapovic exhaust :(
    For the 2017 models, a euro 4 is required

Other brands also know this problem (KTM)

3. boxerboy

boxerboy Well-Known Member

At least you still have something to look forward to during the summer when it finally arrives.

4. boxerboy

boxerboy Well-Known Member

......more than can be said for your football club!

Bravo likes this.
  5. Bravo

Bravo Plenty in the tank. Contributor

Saucer of cream over here please.

boxerboy likes this.
  6. Lennart

Lennart Member

Yes :):)

7. Buba

Buba New Member

I ordered the euro4 Akra over the weekend and was told it's a 1-3 weeks wait... I hope this holds true as I already paid for the thing. 868 Euros including the heatshield and shipping!

8. refueler

refueler New Member

I had to wait around five weeks for my Akrapovic exhaust to arrive here in OZ only to find out a couple of month after installing that I was unable to remove the baffle due to the hole not lining up with the bolt out by at leasts 1/2"
    .now I'm try to get some answers out of them.apparently to them I don't know what I'm doing.I'd say it not a one off, but a production line problem

Last edited: May 24, 2017
  9. TassieRob

TassieRob Active Member

Hi refueler i have an Akrapovic pipe on our RS. To remove the noise restrictor you need a dremil and rotary burr to remove the spot weld on the retaining bolt. Mine was off set as well but after removing the spot weld this enabled me to remove the bolt using a 3/8" inch drive extension and 8 mm socket at a slight angle. With the baffle removed the bike sounds awesome hope this helps. :)

10. refueler

refueler New Member

Hi TassieRob.thanks for that but at the moment my main concern is the fact that Ive just fort out $1475.00 and the product isn't right.seem it my be a produce line issue after all.I'll be seeing one of their sale people on Monday at a local bike shop and let them work out a solution

11. AVFCBaz

AVFCBaz New Member

Well, must be a BMW thing to give a long run in then get them earlier. Akras came last week and were fitted Thursday. Had a great Bank Holiday buzzing about. Sound great (even with baffles in!)

Bravo likes this.
  12. Yorkzzr

Yorkzzr New Member

Hi AVFCBaz....Are you sure yours is a Euro4 pipe? I've been to the BMW dealer today, they had a look on their parts system and the Euro4 was still showing unavailable?

13. AVFCBaz

AVFCBaz New Member

Hi, yes it is. Ordered through BMW in April. Got all receipts and paperwork.
    Cheers

14. Buba

Buba New Member

I'm waiting on one myself as stated. The shop I ordered through initially said up to 3 weeks but now they forwarded me Akrapovics Email which says it will come by the end of June...

15. Stef

Stef Active Member

Dear all. There's a piece of excellent news. Apparently the RS rides just fine with the stock exhaust. Isn't that a suprise :) . Now stop wining and get on the road .

16. Lennart

Lennart Member

According to my BMW dealer
    No delivery date is yet known :(

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
  17. Buba

Buba New Member

Well, I got a surprise this week...

IMG_1464.JPG IMG_1456.JPG IMG_1457.JPG

Got it through www.Rohr-Werk.de for 868 € incl. shipping. They seem to have good contacts to Akra ;-)

stuart2820 likes this.
  18. oscarguitar

oscarguitar Well-Known Member

Looks great and I bet it sounds fantastic in that parking garage.

19. Buba

Buba New Member

Yeah, I like the looks a lot. The can has the same dimensions as the original, but the carbon heatshield is slimmer. Build quality (my first Akra Product) is superb, fitting was easy.
    I did make a video in the same location and same distance with the original and the Akra, but my GoPro with external mic decided to only take a picture.
    I did a before and after Test with a decibel App on my iPhone 7: 98.5 compared to 101.6 when shortly revving to 4k...
    Further up the rev range there seems to be a lot more difference, it's really loud when you crank it. In lower revs I guess it shouldn't annoy people at all.

20. Lennart

Lennart Member

Attached Files: