No customization options are available.

ABS Pro retrofit!?

Discussion in 'R1200RS Tech and Performance Chat' started by Vtbob, Oct 2, 2015.

1. Andy Griffiths

Andy Griffiths Well-Known Member

If i can just correct your almost perfect English?

The word is 'Bollocks'.

:)

Jeroen1969 and Bravo like this.
  2. Jeroen1969

Jeroen1969 Well-Known Member

It's all Sandra's fault...

lj516, Andy Griffiths and Bravo like this.
  3. PeterG

PeterG Active Member

I can support this, my bike isn't much younger being delivered june 2015 and has been upgraded with ABS Pro sept 30th last year (unfortunately had no chance to test as that was the last day to ride before winter and due to an accident when motobiking on Tenerife in January which sent me to hospital until now the bike is still waiting for its first ride in 2017).
    Perhaps try finding another dealer with more knowledge...

4. Bravo

Bravo Plenty in the tank. Contributor

I was going to pick him up on it but to be honest I`m fucking not much of a fan when it come it comes to using bad fucking language;)

5. Bravo

Already changed dealers cos I`ve not been satisfied with my supplying dealer,I`ll run out of places to take it at this rate.:eek:

6. Aussie Import

Aussie Import Well-Known Member

First, I have had a few wines. Second, f@@k the driver behind. It is not my problem the idiot is driving and I will not kow tow to his stupidity spendibg money on a farkle. Instead I will make sure I am not a target, brake light or not.

Grumpy Goat and Bravo like this.
  7. Bravo

Don`t beat around the bush..... Just tell it like it is;)

8. Grumpy Goat

Grumpy Goat Well-Known Member Contributor

Blunt is good as long as the info is good too and this post is certainly full of useful stuff - thanks.

I do have a couple of Dutch friends locally and I agree that diplomacy is not a strong suit. I like them though and appreciate their directness, which aligns with mine. :)

Robert the Brews likes this.
  9. Willy

Willy Well-Known Member

What dealer was that Bravo?

10. MrVvrroomm

MrVvrroomm Well-Known Member

Stopped by my local dealer to inquire about ABS Pro upgrade to my wife's 2016.
    Their total came up to almost $900. WTF?
    Was told there was more to it than just one part number. Here is a screenshot from Max BMW for part numbers for ABS pro.
    $798.82 plus tax and labor.
    I actually told the parts guy to F himself when he told me it would be almost $900 for upgrade.
    We need a definitive answer on this. I'm certain there must be some evidence of installation that shows up on the dash.

Attached Files:

lacemi likes this.
  11. Andy Griffiths

Andy Griffiths Well-Known Member

What spec is your wife's 2016 ? I think most of the guys on here who discussed this already had Riding Modes Pro, and were SE Sport spec bikes.

12. MrVvrroomm

It has all options from factory for 2016

13. runnerhiker

runnerhiker Well-Known Member Contributor

I am not paying $700 - $900 for a software upgrade. Mr V, your screen shot above implies some parts must be installed, is that right?

14. Phinj

Phinj Active Member

Just had a conversation with another member.

Ascertained this. ABS pro is dependent upon Ride Mode Pro, this option has a lean angle sensor, bikes not equipped have an ASC (whatever that is)........ If the bike came with Ride Mode Pro, it already may have the lean angle sensor, his did. So that may be the part. I have not heard good things of Max BMW, I certainly would look at another quote. ABS Pro by itself is nothing, there is no advantage, if the rest of the system is not in place.

Quite frankly I prefer to phuck shat up on my own without the help of a computer.

I feel none of it makes a difference until it comes time to load the drawers, then, maybe, perhaps it saves your ass. Otherwise, don't ride outside of your ability, which is easy to do on one of these.

15. MrVvrroomm

They told me that there were two other software updates needed first to complete the ABS Pro. I suspect they don't have a clue.

I have cornering ABS on my KTM. It's magnificent. The only reason I'm pursuing it for my wife's RS is because I feel she could benefit from it.

16. Phinj

Phinj Active Member

Did it come as a "Standard" package bike or a "Premium" package bike? That determines whether a part is needed or not. To upgrade a Standard package bike will make no affect, you are paying for a useless upgrade.

17. MrVvrroomm

Her bike is premium package, fully spec'd 2016. Everything I'm being told I already know. It's the selling dealer that is clueless. This is what is so frustrating.

18. Phinj

Phinj Active Member

Contact another dealer. I am 1-1/2hrs from a BMW Dealer, went 3hrs to get the RS. Worst case, a good dealer is good excuse for a road trip.

19. lacemi

lacemi Member

900$ or 700$ bufff They are thieves, 450€ IN north of SPAIN for piece(item) and reprograming Free, because we are clients BMW. The tell me are few RS in spain, but they was reprograming a lot of GS.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
  20. lacemi

lacemi Member

In friday I was go to BMW, they told me If you have DTC and Computer PRO, only need ONE CODE NUMBER is similar to license of windows 10 or 7 or .... You dont need nothing, they only need half hour for reprograming and insert number.
    I think 450€ It is a joke for one number because I paid for this pack in 2016 but their motorbike didnt have this feature. In USA your said more $, buffff They are deceiving you, here they explained to me that 450 € is the manufacturer price, but then you can make a strong discount.
    Bmw should charge the half hour of update but offer its customers the free update, since we already paid the pack that came with that feature.
    Very bad bmw in the attention to its customers.

Willy and Bravo like this.