No customization options are available.

ABS Pro retrofit - how much?

Discussion in 'R1200RS Tech and Performance Chat' started by Peter Burridge, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Peter Burridge

Peter Burridge Well-Known Member Contributor

£420 :eek::eek:

Thank you but no thank you.

2. Richard230

Richard230 Well-Known Member Contributor

Welcome to the wonderful world of BMW pricing. ;)

3. r80sdon

r80sdon Active Member

What do they charge in the good ol' USA?

4. Jeroen1969

Jeroen1969 Well-Known Member

I had it done on my Lupin for €295,- in November last year. I understand current price is €420,-
    It came with the current Pearl White.

5. Richard230

Richard230 Well-Known Member Contributor

Something like $500, but that can vary a little from dealer to dealer, and don't forget your state's sales tax - if you are in a state like California that taxes everything that moves, including electrons. :mad:

6. r80sdon

r80sdon Active Member

I guess I'll continue not grabbing a handful in the turns, at least not brakes...

Bravo likes this.
  7. Grumpy Goat

Grumpy Goat Well-Known Member Contributor

MSRP US$485 but that it just for the "parts". Does not cover about 1 man.hour labour. So real cost about US$600. :rolleyes:

8. oscarguitar

oscarguitar Well-Known Member

Wait until your 12000 mile service, and tyre change. Just before both, talk to the nice BMW salesman and he'll sell you a new 2018 model with ABS pro, new tyres 2 year warrently and no proper service for 6000 miles. If you do this in November (in the U.K), the nice BMW salesman will be focused on his End of year sales target and give you a spanking deal and cheap finanace. So a brand new bike with all the fancy electronics and some free coffee for a bit of cash and probably a lower monthly payment. (Well it worked for me, although I was kinda forced to replace my 2015 by a trafic light skipping , hit and run white van driver.)

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
    Richard230 likes this.
  9. Leif the Lucky

Leif the Lucky Member

Agrees with my August 2015 build RS which included Ride Pro. Just got an estimate for ABS Pro/Dynamic Brake Light upgrade of $575 including labor.

10. Jeroen1969

Jeroen1969 Well-Known Member

I'd be really surprised if they could include the Dynamic Brake light upgrade... I was told this was not an option for the pre 2017 model, the ABS Pro upgrade was. Apparently, there is some hardware missing or different on the pre 2017 to complete the Dynamic Brake Light upgrade (from the top of my head, it has got something to do with the CAN bus, but I take it, someone will fill in the details here).