No customization options are available.

49'er Rally - Mariposa, California

Discussion in 'USA West Riders' started by JWMcDonald, May 4, 2017.

1. JWMcDonald

JWMcDonald Active Member Contributor

Anyone planning on attending the 49'er Rally over the Memorial Day weekend (25 - 29 May 2017) ?
    If so, look forward to meeting other members of this forum...:)

Noticed from Richard230 post re last year that there appeared to be no RS's - maybe it's about time for a change...

2. Daniel

Daniel Active Member

Hey Jeff i'm interested-I've heard of it but never yet attended.

3. Richard230

Richard230 Well-Known Member Contributor

I'll be there with a couple of friends. I have been attending the 49'er rally almost every year since 1989. However, I won't be on my RS. I'll be taking my blue 2009 F650GS twin, since I want to use my RS to attend the Chief Joseph Rally at John Day, Oregon at the end of July. The GS is just a better bike for the roads around Mariposa and I haven't ridden it enough this year as my RS has been getting more usage and the GS has been feeling neglected. If I was really feeling adventurous, I would ride my Royal Enfield to the rally. But I am not feeling that adventurous. :rolleyes:

Daniel likes this.
  4. Richard230

Richard230 Well-Known Member Contributor

I returned from the rally yesterday. I wanted to get home before the holiday rush and I also wanted to avoid the long closing and awards ceremony on Sunday night. The weather was pleasant and there looked to be about 300 riders camping at the Mariposa Fairgrounds. I and three other friends went on a couple of local rides, while of course getting a little lost and loosing each other occasionally during the ride because we weren't paying attention to what we were doing. Attached are some photos illustrating the rally site and our little adventures.

I sure am glad that I didn't bring my RS as many of the roads in the area were a little funky. Instead I rode my 2009 F650GS twin, which worked out very well. I saw two RS models. One seemed to belong to a vendor and the other had a license plate that said: USAFR. I assume that he was an Air Force pilot.

One of my riding friends had a little tip over while riding his 2015 R12GS through a patch of snow. It sure was a good thing that a couple of us were there to help him up or he would still be there today. It was one of the better recent 49'er rallies.

Attached Files:

5. darrell

darrell Well-Known Member Contributor

I lived in Bakersfield, CA for 4 years and attended the 49er Rally each year. It is one of the better club rallies of the couple hundred I've attended.