No customization options are available.

18-21 Sept 2017 - N Yorks trip, open invite

Discussion in 'UK Riders' started by wessie, Jul 22, 2017.

1. wessie

wessie Well-Known Member

I have booked 5 days from work 18-22 Sept. I need to be back in Cheltenham for 23 Sept as the RS is booked in for the 6000 service.

I have booked into a B&B in N Yorks for 3 nights from 18 Sept. I may spend the weekend before working my way up from Cheltenham, maybe staying with a friend in Gomersal.

B&B is here: http://thebarnguesthouse.com/
    Pub next door: http://www.crownhuttonlehole.com/
    Also a chocolatier and museum in the village.
    Tues & Wed would be wiggling around the N York Moors, Dales and maybe northern Pennines.
    If the weather is crap I will cancel the reservation - I have booked via Expedia and can cancel the room without penalty on the 17th if needed. I had a great week based a bit further west last year with hardly any rain so fingers crossed.

If you fancy meeting up for a ride or want to join me for a day or two at the B&B then post below and book your own room. There's another B&B in the village if this one fills up. I guess evening meals would be in the Crown.

ray2 likes this.
  2. ray2

ray2 Well-Known Member Contributor

OK. This has my attention..., but looks like I'll just be just getting back to work from a New England trip and putting on new tires for the planned trip to the Ozarks organized by the bug doctor.
    On the other hand, something to think about for anyone with some time on their hands and some dollars in their pocket.
    GBP:USD
    upload_2017-7-22_10-42-56.png

3. Graham Lewis

Graham Lewis Active Member Contributor

if I can get out I would like to join you on a day especially if you are wanting to ride over middleton teasdale, Hawes, way. let me know if this happens

4. Bravo

Bravo Plenty in the tank Contributor

So you'll still be at home on Sunday? I'll drop in for a cuppa on my way home from the west country. :)

5. wessie

wessie Well-Known Member

Yes, probably go out that way on one of the days. Stayed in Reeth last year and lots of good roads around there.

6. wessie

wessie Well-Known Member

It's possible, unless I head for Gomersall on Sunday as KTM mate is joining proceedings.

7. Bravo

I'll pm you nearer the time,you know you're more than welcome to join us on the Saturday down the road in Taunton.

8. wessie

wessie Well-Known Member

plans for Saturday still subject to variables outwith my control...

9. Bravo

I'm sure you'll do your best,you'll receive a warm welcome should you venture down.

10. wessie

wessie Well-Known Member

Plans change - going to France now after bimbling around Exmoor with a special needs group.

Bravo likes this.
  11. Bravo

That's a tad unfair on my chums wessie,you did mean them didn't you? Didn't you?:)

ray2 likes this.
  12. wessie

wessie Well-Known Member

You did mention IAM. Doesn't the A stand for autistic? I don't think I have met one who isn't on the spectrum with significant social behaviour difficulties.

13. Bravo

Word has it they will be riding in a group of their own :)
    I must admit I was horrified when I first saw your post about special needs, I thought Mrs Bravo had been in touch about mine.
    Unfortunately it looks like my dear wife won't be attending ,so I'll bring the broccoli if you bring the bread sauce and a funnel.