No customization options are available.

$160 Powder coated stock exhaust

Discussion in 'Exhaust System & Fuel Delivery' started by MRM, Apr 14, 2017.

1. MRM

MRM Active Member

Looks good and agree, you should do the heat shield as well;)

2. Phillo

Phillo Active Member

Heat shueld sprayed black..difference on colour due to my laziness I just used a can of spray to see what it looked like ..will spray it with correct paint if I decide to leave it all black..opinions ?? which is better ??

Attached Files:

JohnnyRocket and Charles like this.
  3. Charles

Charles Active Member

Yes. Black heat shield.

4. Phillo

Phillo Active Member

Well I finally got around to spraying the heat shield with the same high heat semi matt paint as the pipe and refitted it. I think it looks a hundred times better than the blingy chrome which was the main reason I went for the Remus Blackhawk in the first place...looks rather than sound as I was quite happy with sound of the original pipe..any fitted now and pics attached..:)

Attached Files:

JohnnyRocket and iPaul like this.
  5. iPaul

iPaul Active Member

Well done sir, your black pipe is infinitely better than the chrome abomination shipped with the bike.

The powder coated pipe of the OP is certainly an improvement over the chrome too, but for my taste, the black pipe appeals more. With the grey pipe, your eye is drawn more to it because it's not a colour you're used to seeing on an exhaust, whereas, the black draws less attention to itself.

Paul

6. m1bjr

m1bjr Member

Something I have een looking at recently - thanks for the excellent photos, it's not something many have done.
    I found two very good shops in UK that will ceramic coat in various colours.
    Ceramic has some benefits over the paint, and you can do the headers too (850C + some colours)
    http://www.camcoat.com/main/coatings8.html

Might be the winter project to do both headers and silencer.
    I'm with you, the sound is OK and many aftermarkets sound like a brush-cutter on this crazy engine. Also its technically unmodified - negating any surcharging at insurance cover time... like it!

7. SauRoN

SauRoN Well-Known Member

I think pretty much every single owner does.

What the hell BMW were thinking is beyond me.

Peter Burridge likes this.