No customization options are available.

16/09/2017 THE SOUTHWEST RIDEOUT.....ALL WELCOME!

Discussion in 'UK Riders' started by Bravo, May 1, 2017.

1. Bravo

Bravo Plenty in the tank Contributor

When God created the earth he thought to himself "Motorcycles are not meant to be ridden in straight lines". So on the sixth day he created THE SOUTHWEST RIDEOUT.

The date has been set and to be honest one or two of us felt a little bit of wee escape when we were told when it was:eek:.

We will be meeting as usual at..............
    Tesco Taunton
    Castle Street
    Taunton
    Somerset
    TA1 4AB
    09.00 for 10.00 departure .
    16/09/2017

We had a cracking day on the April Run,clean,dry roads,not too much traffic despite being a bank holiday weekend..It was almost perfect,almost,what would make it perfect would be a few more forum members.
    Just think we could all stand around and admire one anothers bikes,smuggly nodding to one another in that knowing,confident way that we have the best bikes there:).
    We did have one member turn up(Ady) with his mate(Dinger),I think they enjoyed it,they said they were coming back in September so they must have.

Anyways we had eighteen bikes turn up on the day,five of us carrying pillions.
    September`s run promises to have more attendee`s,unfortunately they will be from The Lincolnshire I.A.M.(Mrs Bravo saved me Saturday from an I.A.M induced coma) So they can do all their sensible road positioning,hazard perception stuff in a group on their own while the rest of us do the Riding on the guy infronts mudguard,side by side through bends and barrelling into blind corners flat out,you know proper stuff;).

We usually run two groups with a leader and a sweeper in each,the leader stops at junctions to let everyone catch up and we find this works quite well.
    So there you have it all the details you need for a jolly spiffing day out if you`re local to the area. Feel free to travel from further away too,we could make it a mini meet.:)

We will be staying Friday and Saturday night,heading home Sunday.
    If you need any more details you just got to ask.

Hope to see you.

Last edited: May 1, 2017
    Andy0203 likes this.
  2. ady

ady Member

What a great day out with a good bunch of blokes enjoying the bikes and roads with a chunk of banter for good measure. Keep me informed for the September meet and all being well I will bring dinger too for your continued entertainment.
    Regards Ady

Bravo likes this.
  3. Bravo

Yes Ady I will post monthly reminders,so consider yourself in da loop.
    Dinger? Ah well I think he's feckin awesome. :)

4. Bravo

So Mrs Bravo and I will be staying Friday and Saturday night,along with a group of our chums at The Premier Inn,Express Park,Bridgewater.
    We'll more than likely have a small sherry or two in the evening.
    You're more than welcome to join us.

5. Bravo

6. Andy0203

Andy0203 Member

We

7. Andy0203

Andy0203 Member

We will be there for sure love the route

Bravo likes this.
  8. Bravo

It goes ahead rain or shine (we prefer shine;)). See you there then.
    Feel free to bring your chums too.

9. Dave W

Dave W Active Member

I have just booked in at the Premier Inn, the boss and I will see you there on the BlunderBuss :cool:

Bravo likes this.
  10. Bravo

Great news Dave.
    We all look forward to meeting you both.

Dave W likes this.
  11. Bravo

Just about two months to go:)

12. ady

ady Member

Dinger sold the Duke and has a Thruxton R on order (its an age thing) and a 65th birthday prezy to him self.
    So all being well I will turn up and may be able to bring a couple of guys from work along for the fun.

13. Bravo

65? What? He's that old? Will he have the new trumpet in time to attend? Should be a good turn out. See you in September :)

14. ady

ady Member

Yes he has a bus pass to prove it !! Not giving in to the age thing easy and still has the head of a 20 something. The trumpet arrives in March but he traded the duke early for best price on trade in. I have a couple of mates at work interested 1 with a new RS and the one with a monster great Harley all chrome and loud pipes you know the deal. The guy with the RS has just past his test at the age of 62 and is going through a late mid life but seems to have the hang of it and is getting plenty of advanced tuition so all good. Off to Spain and France on the RS for a couple of weeks so looking fwd to how the RS compares to my 1100 Multistrada.

15. Bravo

You have a great time over there and we'll see you in September(even your Harley riding mate will be made to feel welcome...... ish;)).
    Shame Dinger can't make it,tell him that I blimmen well expect to see him in April and pass on my best regards to him won't you.

16. RS i Mc

RS i Mc Member

Hi all, Ady come on !! the "old new kid with the RS is 63 and been there done it with the mid-life crisis's and is now starting on some new 'late-life' ones and so far this one is truly the DB's!!!

Bravo likes this.
  17. RS i Mc

RS i Mc Member

Hi Bravo,
    Thanks for setting this up, just got my 'Out from under my feet ' chit signed; room booked in Premier for the piss up; sorry stewards briefing on Friday evening and organised large scale maps for Ady and a 'what roundabout' mate to join us on his non-BMW (so as to give the IAM chaps someone to talk about besides you) .
    Looking fwd to meeting all, cheers me dears

Bravo likes this.
  18. Bravo

Well I'll be darned another atendee:).
    Looks like we will have a merry bunch of boys and girls,it'll be good to have you along. Just promise me you won't try to get me drunk and take advantage of me (you'll have to queue like the rest). See you next month.

19. RS i Mc

RS i Mc Member

Hi Bravo,
    looking fwd to it, as to the promise, that you are not asking for (you will have to queue like the rest :) :) :)

Bravo likes this.
  20. Bravo

Boys and Girls the Autumn ball is next month........ Just a gentle reminder to those of you in the area.